Hot tub in Oceania Suite

golfguyhhi

On Marina, the Oceania Suites describe having a 'hot tub' on the balcony. Is this a true jetted hot tub? Is the temperature controllable or set to a fixed temperature? Is it large enough for 2 people? Is the butler responsible for covering when not in use, or during rough weather?

The tub is a jacuzzi. And yes, two people can fit in it. (Unless this has changed since 2013)

We didn't actually use the one on the deck -- there was one in the bathroom as well!

We were on a Barcelona-Rio cruise in warm weather so I don't recall that anyone ever covered it up, but I would think it would be the room stewards who would take care of that, if so ... not the butler. JMO

For the record we were in an aft OC ... I'm not sure if the other OCs have the jacuzzi on the deck. (We did visit one of these but I wasn't looking to see if they had the jacuzzi -- I did notice that the deck was much smaller than ours. But then they had more room INSIDE the cabin than we did.)

Mura

On Marina, the Oceania Suites describe having a 'hot tub' on the balcony. Is this a true jetted hot tub? Is the temperature controllable or set to a fixed temperature? Is it large enough for 2 people? Is the butler responsible for covering when not in use, or during rough weather?

It's more like a jetted bathtub, fill it as needed, not covered.

A) It's literally an oversized (read overdeep) porcelain tub with Jacuzzi Jets which is only filled with water when the Guest wishes to take a soak, thereby alleviating a myriad of issues such as covering and temperature maintenance

B)The Temperature is set and maintained via the infux of water at the taps.

C) Two people will easily fit albeit not side by side.

D) The Butler will field any nuance which you throw at him (or her). Ours once filled our outdoor Tub with ice during a Panama Canal Cruise where the temperatures were regularly topping 100 degrees with 98% humidity.