child safety in cabins

CanuckonaBoat

Are rooms child-proof? For example - are there rounded edges on furniture or do they have corner protectors? are there electrical socket covers?

i am traveling with a 1 year old and wonder how much i have to worry about him in the cabin.

The sockets on the Wonder are elevated--they are by the desk (above the flat portion of the desk), and 4 feet up in the bathroom. The balcony doors have a shoulder high lock and are very heavy...and outside the railing is about 4 feet high with no place to get a foot hold. Yes, a kid could hypothetically move over a table, climb on the table and get over the railing, but since 1998 it has never happened.

THere are no corner protectors on furniture. I don't remember sharp corners, but I don't remember overtly rounded either.

The sockets on the Wonder are elevated--they are by the desk (above the flat portion of the desk)' date=' and 4 feet up in the bathroom. The balcony doors have a shoulder high lock and are very heavy...and outside the railing is about 4 feet high with no place to get a foot hold. Yes, a kid could hypothetically move over a table, climb on the table and get over the railing, but since 1998 it has never happened.

THere are no corner protectors on furniture. I don't remember sharp corners, but I don't remember overtly rounded either.[/quote']

There are now also sockets on either side of the bed on the Wonder.

2uh4d4p.jpg

mb4bjd.jpg

thanks for putting my mind at ease. That photo was especially helpful because it looks like i need a plug adaptor for my 3 prong plug!

3 to 2 prong adapters are unsafe. You need a double-insulated appliance that comes with a two-wire cord and plug.

thanks for putting my mind at ease. That photo was especially helpful because it looks like i need a plug adaptor for my 3 prong plug!

What are you taking that is 3 prong?

You might want to check out the prohibited items lists. I believe there were reports of room hosts leaving a note and holding the items until the end of the trip.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, blenders, electric irons, electric blankets, heating pads, bottle sterilizers and warmers

• Extension cords or surge protectors

If you need more outlets to charge USB items, look at the Anker multiport usb chargers. I have an old style 5 port that we use in our bed room but will most likely get the6 port with 1 QuickCharge port for my wifes Samsung phone.

https://www.anker.com/products/A2062111

3 to 2 prong adapters are unsafe. You need a double-insulated appliance that comes with a two-wire cord and plug.

You might want to check out the prohibited items lists. I believe there were reports of room hosts leaving a note and holding the items until the end of the trip.

Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, blenders, electric irons, electric blankets, heating pads, bottle sterilizers and warmers

If you need more outlets to charge USB items, look at the Anker multiport usb chargers. I have an old style 5 port that we use in our bed room but will most likely get the6 port with 1 QuickCharge port for my wifes Samsung phone.

I suspect the OP maybe a Canadian living abroad in the Middle East if their info is correct.

In that case they may need an adapter depending on where they are from as the electrical sockets vary a lot on region, and even double insulated transformers for cell phones/laptops/cameras may have a third prong although not connected.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

I suspect the OP maybe a Canadian living abroad in the Middle East if their info is correct.

In that case they may need an adapter depending on where they are from as the electrical sockets vary a lot on region, and even double insulated transformers for cell phones/laptops/cameras may have a third prong although not connected.

ex techie

Thanks ex Techie. That's the case. Yes- i need a plug adapter. Which I didn't see on that long list of prohibited items for Disney. And I didn't see listed that I Couldn't bring my computer charger or cell phone charger.

I've done a lot of research on multi-USB hubs for other threads, and all Anker products are surge protected. About the only 4+ USB outlet hub that I've found that isn't surge protected is the Zilu 5 port unit. I found this out through direct communication with Zilu, and also learned that of their entire product line, this is the only one not surge protected.

Thanks ex Techie. That's the case. Yes- i need a plug adapter. Which I didn't see on that long list of prohibited items for Disney. And I didn't see listed that I Couldn't bring my computer charger or cell phone charger.

Individual chargers do not tend to have surge protection, so they are acceptable. Most things that have a line voltage cord before the power "brick" (like a laptop power supply) will be three prong to provide a ground for safety. Things like the ubiquitous "wall wart" that plugs directly in, and outputs 5v to a USB cable, are considered to be safe without a ground pin.

Wow, I had forgotten about the old style laptop chargers. All of ours use a 2 prong charger.

Looking at the brick of a work laptop it does use a 3 prong charger, but this thing is 5 years old.

Anker makes its chargers compatible for almost all country power types the only difference is the removable wire/plug. You might email them and ask if you order the charger for your home country could you also get a cord with a USA plug.

The vanity area does have 1 duplex 3 prong outlet. The other is a 220v for the hairdryer.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

One other safety feature that I thought was cool when we went with our little one was the drawers in the cabins. The drawers cannot be slammed, they just slowly close to prevent getting little fingers smashed. Neat little added touch.

One other safety feature that I thought was cool when we went with our little one was the drawers in the cabins. The drawers cannot be slammed, they just slowly close to prevent getting little fingers smashed. Neat little added touch.

that's good to hear. My LO loves drawers right now. and sometimes we can't to him fast enough to keep him away!