What is the best carnival gift card discount

roultjm

eBay has had a couple of flash sales that only last a few hours. I have bought Carnival gift cards on EBay and the discount has been 20% when spending $75 one time and $100 another time.

Wiz

Yep. This one. I get them every time someone is nice enough to post the sale!

The free ones. :D

Actually so far its been Ebay ones at 20% off. like cmptrwiz said it only lasts for a few hours and its completely random. Someone usually announces it on Slickdeals.com or if you subscribe to Ebay deal you'll get it in an email.

about a month ago they had 20% off gift cards of $100 or more and I grabbed 3. it was limit 1 per account so i ordered 1 and my wife has 2 ebay account and she got 2. $300 in gift cards for only $240, nothing like free money. I already have a $500 gift card from Verizons promotion. My cruise in 2 weeks i'll have $800 OBC an have only paid $730 for it.

I echo what everyone else has said: The eBay flash sales are the best, I get a $100 gift card for $85. I've got 2 so far. Keep in mind that when these sales happen, both eBay and Paypal get overloaded and sometimes you get error messages, just keep typing the code and trying, and you should get it eventually.

Besides that, I also get 10% off at Verizon/AARP/Citi -- I buy a couple every few months ... I have my next two cruises already paid for (10/2016 & 2/2017) with these gift cards ...

cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Last month I got an e-mail about a Carnival Mastercard. I applied and was approved and was rewarded with a $75 gift card and 10,000 points that I will turn in for another $100 OBC. Pretty nice free $175.00. :)

You need 12,500 points for $100 OBC. You're better off charging something from Carnival for $100 and erasing the purchase from your bill.

Last month I got an e-mail about a Carnival Mastercard. I applied and was approved and was rewarded with a $75 gift card and 10,000 points that I will turn in for another $100 OBC. Pretty nice free $175.00. :)

I got the same email. I saw it the day after it expired. Oh well.

Not sure if it counts, but Samsung ran a contest where I work, I got $200, thinking it was just for samsung, but they reward with a company that has prepaid mastercards that can only be used at certain places... Carnival included

Verizon/Citi Deals/AARP - 10%

Ebay - Varies, but up to 20% off recently with "Flash Deals"

Kroger - I know various members get big time rewards when purchasing gift cards

I save an average of 15% on the vacation by buying discount gift cards. I'm at $700+ for our October sailing.

You need 12,500 points for $100 OBC. You're better off charging something from Carnival for $100 and erasing the purchase from your bill.

That is actually what I will do and earn double points by paying the $100 on the balance through my TA. I'm just waiting for the 10,000 points to show.

This is what I normally do, but only in the right circumstances. There needs to be a 4x fuel points promo and a credit card that has grocery stores as a bonus category. For example, this quarter my Chase Freedom returns 5x points for every $ in grocery stores. If I buy $1000 in carnival gift cards I'll get:

4000 fuel points, in my situation that saves me about $80 in fuel, with a little effort (ie filling up two cars at the same time) I could maximize that further.

5000 Chase UR points, which I can redeem on average at about 1.8 cents per point.

All told that's roughly 17% I save for not a lot effort. That said, I am going to start watching ebay and aarp. They're very competitive, so I don't rely on them, but that's the easiest way to save 10-20%.

I save an average of 15% on the vacation by buying discount gift cards. I'm at $700+ for our October sailing.

I have been trying to find out which Citi cards are part of the Citi Easy Deals. Have not been able to find out as of yet. I haven't see the Flash Deals for the Ebay. Hope someone posts if they see them.

Publix had $15 off a $100 card with a $50 grocery purchase before Christmas, but that's the one and only time I have seen that sale.

I wish they would bring it back!

Be careful about Visa cards from Publix. The fine print in the ads mentions the $4.95 activation fee.

i have a question about the ebay flash sale. i tried to help my dad buy a carnival gift card the last time i read here about the flash sale. first there was nothing that said they were on sale. i fugured it would show up at checkout and second my dad said he would be charged both from ebay and from paypal for the transaction. so we never bought them. i'm hoping to be more informed the next time. would anyone who has done this please help answer this. tia :)

i have a question about the ebay flash sale. i tried to help my dad buy a carnival gift card the last time i read here about the flash sale. first there was nothing that said they were on sale. i fugured it would show up at checkout and second my dad said he would be charged both from ebay and from paypal for the transaction. so we never bought them. i'm hoping to be more informed the next time. would anyone who has done this please help answer this. tia :)

You needed to put the code in where it says "Coupons, Discount codes" or something to that effect. Then check out using PayPal. PayPal Digital Gifts was the seller on eBay. PayPal is the method of payment (in lieu of straight up entering a credit card number). You're not getting charged twice. You're buying on eBay and paying with PayPal.