Jewel of the Seas 02/12/2017 limited availability?

We have 2 cabins held on Jewel of the Seas 02/12/2017 sailing. They were the last 2 category D-2 balcony cabins available. The only other balcony cabins left were handicap-accessible. Any idea why such limited availability nearly a year away?

I think we may have gotten the one right before you, as we were told there were only 3 when we booked.

Maybe a good time of year, in what seems like a good itinerary on a freshly updated ship?

The celebrity Summit usually sails from San Juan on a similar itinery but for February and March, 2017 has very few sailings (due to being chartered I believe).

We have sailed out of San Juan on Carnival's Valor and Liberty the last few years but for the 2017 season Carnival has switched to a smaller older ship. This has made us look for other options (and so are excited to have booked the Jewel for the Feb.26th sailing).

I think the lack of other options from San Juan could be a factor.

We have 2 cabins held on Jewel of the Seas 02/12/2017 sailing. They were the last 2 category D-2 balcony cabins available. The only other balcony cabins left were handicap-accessible. Any idea why such limited availability nearly a year away?

From what I understand, the LGBT community in San Juan is sponsoring a cruise for its male members that week.

How do you find out about groups on a specific cruise??

No surefire way. I have some amount of luck doing an internet search using the name of the ship and the date in various different forms.

The price since we booked went way up, and now the flights seem to be climbing as well. Glad we booked when we did.

When did you book? We have both Feb 12 and Feb 19 booked for a longer vacation. I know Feb 14 is Valentines Day, but I still see lots of ads for both sailings, maybe blocks of cabins are being held for certain Travel Agents.

Joe & Jan

Our ta, has said that there is only one more balcony, and it has gone way up in price. That is what I see as well, but if she didn't know what she is talking about, please let me know. From what I can see it is now 1400 more for the room then when we booked, but it is our first cruise, so maybe I am missing something.

Our ta, has said that there is only one more balcony, and it has gone way up in price. That is what I see as well, but if she didn't know what she is talking about, please let me know. From what I can see it is now 1400 more for the room then when we booked, but it is our first cruise, so maybe I am missing something.

This far out, it is a game. There is no way to tell about cancellations, released pre-booked cabin blocks. No you are not missing anything! Just book the cruise line with a good reputation for service, the ports you want to visit, look at a few web sites and go for it. If you find a better deal 6 months from now, cancel and re-book. No penalty, depending on the date. Read the fine print for cancelling. By the way, The southern Caribbean Islands are our favorite. If you are young and active, adventure awaits. If you are old and disabled, (me) still a wonderful time. We are doing the BtoB with the 19th.

Joe & Jan

PS, Please sign messages with names so I can keep up