Embassy Suites, Hilton or Holiday Inn

aeegee

Have never stayed at any of the above hotels in the Miami area since we've never left for a cruise from there. The Embassy Suites and the Hilton are by the airport and the Holiday Inn is by the port.

If anyone has stayed at any of these hotels or can tell us which is the better option we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Have never stayed at any of the above hotels in the Miami area since we've never left for a cruise from there. The Embassy Suites and the Hilton are by the airport and the Holiday Inn is by the port.

If anyone has stayed at any of these hotels or can tell us which is the better option we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Just added to the title that it's for Miami. Thanks

I'm going to give you what I consider to be better options. They are all downtown.

Hampton Inn (includes breakfast and near Mary Brickell Village with lots of restaurant choices).

Intercontinental. Nice location and close to the port and still in walking distance of various restaurants.

Marriott Marquis. just a few minutes walk from the Intercontinental. Another nice location.

Conrad Hilton. Relatively close to Mary Brickell and also many other restaurants.

Keith

To the above list I would add the Doubletree and Marriott on Biscayne Blvd -- both offer some rooms with a view of the port, plus nearby shopping and dining options (not as many options as you'll find in Mary Brickell area)

Unless you are arriving late and just want dinner and a room I would avoid airport area hotels.

Have a great cruise!

To the above list I would add the Doubletree and Marriott on Biscayne Blvd -- both offer some rooms with a view of the port, plus nearby shopping and dining options (not as many options as you'll find in Mary Brickell area)

Unless you are arriving late and just want dinner and a room I would avoid airport area hotels.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you both so much.

Can I ask why you would avoid airport hotels? We would like to stay over one night after the cruise and would like to be close to the airport for an early flight. I don't like to take chances with taxi's and getting through any traffic, etc. for an early flight., if we stayed downtown/port. That being said arriving the day before a cruise it doesn't matter as much. I have looked at some of your options. Most are pretty expensive for March 2017, but haven't disregarded them yet.

Do either of you have experience with the Embassy Suites or Hilton by the airport?

Thank you again.

It all comes down to what you have planned.

I prefer downtown because we like to do things downtown.

If you want to be close to the airport for your flight the following day that makes sense. The only issue is if you don't have a rental car do you know what you will do from the time you get off the ship. (eg, are you going to spend a few hours in Miami and then check into the hotel or are you going to go directly to the hotel and once at the hotel there won't be much to do unless you plan to take a taxi somewhere).

I don't know much about those two hotels. I often tell people to check out the four or so Marriott Properties at the airport.

You might have done this relay but you can also read reviews on trip advisor.

Keith

I have stayed in the airport Hilton and will be staying there the night before our cruise in May. It's a beautiful hotel with great rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you.

The problems with the airport hotels is that they are by the airport and in general, it is a very high crime area.

There also are not the great dining selections or any attractions.

For an early flight out, it makes sense. Otherwise the airport isn't a great choice.

Downtown hotels are only a 15-20 minute cab ride from the airport -- most of the morning traffic is heading into the city. Even with an early flight you can stay downtown, enjoy Miami, and make your flight.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites before our last 2 cruises and are planning on staying there again before our cruise in May. Its a nice, clean hotel. They offer a managers reception every evening (5-7 i think) that includes some snacks and free drinks. They also offer a nice hot buffet breakfast. Swimming pool is nice and they have a resturant on site. I thought it was ok. They do have a complimentary shuttle (when available) although we never used it.

We have stayed at both the Hilton and Embassy Suites. Both are nice properties , and would meet your needs I am sure. I will also suggest another airport area hotel that we have stayed several times. The Hilton Garden Inn - MIA West . Great location , and a Free 24 hour airport shuttle.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app