Price Drop- Constellation

We are doing a B2B with the change in Istanbul. Just got news from our TA that the second cruise(Nov 14-28 on Constellation), which is a repositioning cruise,has dropped in price.

The first cruise had dropped in price a number of times since we originally booked, but to have a repositioning cruise drop in price is not the norm.

Guess more people are being scared off because of the problems in Istanbul

Not necessarily true. I am booked on the Aug 7th Constellation (stops in Turkey/Greece) and prices have gone up. Most categories are also now sold out.

Perhaps what you are seeing is the usual up/down in prices based on supply and demand. I do suspect some people will be scared off but at this point it's probably too early. Am watching my cruise closely as final payment date nears to see if price changes occur and if more cabins open up.

Not necessarily true. I am booked on the Aug 7th Constellation (stops in Turkey/Greece) and prices have gone up. Most categories are also now sold out.

Perhaps what you are seeing is the usual up/down in prices based on supply and demand. I do suspect some people will be scared off but at this point it's probably too early. Am watching my cruise closely as final payment date nears to see if price changes occur and if more cabins open up.

Rick,

It could possibly be because our cruise does not embark/disembark from Turkey - we only have 1 port stop in Kusadasi that could easily be changed last minute ;). Many people may not want to fly into Turkey - just a thought :confused:?

Our cruise is virtually sold out, even though it did go through a phase of several price drops before it started rising again (our cabin has nearly halved from initial deployment pricing) ;). Hopefully pax won't drop out just before final payment. I'd rather have the price drops now rather than give them to last minute bargain hunters ;).

Completely supply and demand. TA/TP and repo cruises often change in price. TAs for this month dropped by about 50% while a couple of repo cruises went up this last winter.

You never know. and yes, am sure violence in Europe is partly responsible.