3 day package

Hi

I'm thinking about booking the 3 day speciality package on the Ovation. I understand they book your first one on day 1 or 2 but how do they chose the time and place. What happens if you pay now and they cant fit you in at time or place you want . Would I be better waiting until we are on board ?

Thanks

Edited by debgreg

Also do men have to wear long trousers in any restaurants other than the Grande. My H likes to wear smart shorts rather than jeans or long pants so he doesn't want to bring lots of smart shorts if he wont be able to wear them.

Thanks

Also do men have to wear long trousers in any restaurants other than the Grande. My H likes to wear smart shorts rather than jeans or long pants so he doesn't want to bring lots of smart shorts if he wont be able to wear them.

Thanks

The cruise asks for no shorts in the dining rooms in the evenings.

The cruise asks for no shorts in the dining rooms in the evenings.

Thanks Bob, does everyone adhere to that rule. I would hate to tell him to bring a load of long pants and others have shorts on. Also can you tell me how the dining package works, if I pre pay now will they tell me where we are eating on day one or two. Can I change it and what happens if say Wonderland is booked up ?

Thanks Bob, does everyone adhere to that rule. ...

No, everyone does not adhere to the suggestion and the cruise line won't enforce it. You can wear whatever you want.

No, everyone does not adhere to the suggestion and the cruise line won't enforce it. You can wear whatever you want.

Thanks again Bob, I think he will be best bringing a mix, its just we have a couple of days in Barcelona too and we don't what to have to bring lots of luggage, that will be needed for my shoes :D

Do you know how the dining package works ?

Thanks again Bob, I think he will be best bringing a mix, its just we have a couple of days in Barcelona too and we don't what to have to bring lots of luggage, that will be needed for my shoes :D

Do you know how the dining package works ?

Sorry, I've not read any reports on how Ovation or other Quantum class ships handle dining package changes onboard.

Hi we are just back from AOS. Bought the three night dining package before we went. The first night we were booked in for a time but no restaurant so we went to Wonderland then we could book for the other two on the nights we chose. On literature advertising the deal around the ship it just said it included one night in Wonderland. Not sure if that meant it had to include one night or you wear only allowed to eat there once as I believe it was the most expensive out of all the restaurants you pay extra for.

I hope this all helps and makes sense :)

With dining packages can I choose what restaurants I want to eat at or does Royal make me eat at certain ones? For instance could I eat at Chops every night if I chose too?

Yes, you could eat in the same restaurant each time if you like.

Hi we are just back from AOS. Bought the three night dining package before we went. The first night we were booked in for a time but no restaurant so we went to Wonderland then we could book for the other two on the nights we chose. On literature advertising the deal around the ship it just said it included one night in Wonderland. Not sure if that meant it had to include one night or you wear only allowed to eat there once as I believe it was the most expensive out of all the restaurants you pay extra for.

I hope this all helps and makes sense :)

Thanks, i have booked now. I was told on the phone they would book the first one, ( I chose the time) but i could change to whatever one i wanted. Thinking of going to Jamies first and then the others when we have our bearings.

Just not somewhere I would go to eat and have a actual meal. A bit too la de dah having a waiter tell me to sniff the inside of a glass to get the full effect the smoky devilled eggs dish [emoji13]

We went to Jamie's and really didn't reckon much to it. Not been on land and I don't think it's a great advertisement for it. Lots to chose from but my lasagne was a disappointment. Big portions though.

Thanks Bob, does everyone adhere to that rule. I would hate to tell him to bring a load of long pants and others have shorts on. Also can you tell me how the dining package works, if I pre pay now will they tell me where we are eating on day one or two. Can I change it and what happens if say Wonderland is booked up ?

Just to clarify a little on the shorts for dinner thing. As written, it is not merely a suggestion. It says that shorts are not allowed. That said, they usually don't want to be confrontational with the guests, so there are those who wear shorts anyway and generally get away with it.

Personally, I stick to long pants, but I don't bring a different pair for each night. Just two or three pair usually suffice for a week-long cruise, since I'm not wearing them all day long.

Just not somewhere I would go to eat and have a actual meal. A bit too la de dah having a waiter tell me to sniff the inside of a glass to get the full effect the smoky devilled eggs dish [emoji13]

We went to Jamie's and really didn't reckon much to it. Not been on land and I don't think it's a great advertisement for it. Lots to chose from but my lasagne was a disappointment. Big portions though.

Thank you for explaining.

I have a question about the price.. are the 3 nights covered under the $80 price?

Not exactly sure what you are asking. The 3 restaurant dining package is $80 on Quantum class.