$49 deposit sale

fourkittys

I know the last $49 deposit sale just ended. Does anyone know (or guess) when the next one will be? Do they do them on a whim or regularly? Thanks!:D

For the past year or so, they've had a reduced deposit "sale" monthly near the end of the month. Usually it's half off; $49 deposits have been much scarcer - I've only heard of a couple in the past year, and I wouldn't begin to guess when the next one will be.

The PVP I follow on Facebook said this is the last $49 sale "for a loooooooong time!" (I think I got the number of "o"s right. ;))

Regardless, I don't think anyone really knows except Carnival marketing folks.

Edited by BTHodgeman

Thanks, I was afraid of that. If I book Early Saver and have to cancel (without cancel insurance), I would lose my deposit at 60 days, right? I know the longer you wait the more you lose. I have my eye on a November cruise and want Early Saver but an operation is possible at that time and wanted to know my options if any.

If you book Early Saver and cancel prior to Final Payment deadline, your deposit (less $50pp penalty) is held toward cruisefare for a future cruise w/in 2 years; if you cancel after the Final Paym,ent deadline, the standard cancellation penalties (approaching 100% as you approach sailaway) apply. If there's chance you'll need to change or cancel, don't book Early Saver. Ken.

If you book Early Saver and cancel prior to Final Payment deadline, your deposit (less $50pp penalty) is held toward cruisefare for a future cruise w/in 2 years; if you cancel after the Final Paym,ent deadline, the standard cancellation penalties (approaching 100% as you approach sailaway) apply. If there's chance you'll need to change or cancel, don't book Early Saver. Ken.

Thanks, I'll remember that!

My PVP told me that the first 3 months of the year is considered their "wave", and that is when they generally run the $50 deposit deals. But he did go on to say that it can be offered again at anytime through the remainder of the year as with 2015 they ran the special first three months of the year and one last time in September. I was hoping to book Vista at $49 pp deposit, but it was $99 for that ship. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, is the appeal of reduced ($49/75/99) deposits just that you don't have to put so much up?

I see so many posts about people highly motivated by reduced deposits, and was just wondering if there is anything beyond that obvious that makes reduced deposits appealing to some people.

It's like buying stock option. Put $49 down now to lock in the price and block the cabin you want on a future cruise. If you end up cancelling before final payment, it only cost you $49.

Edited by sfaaa

Just out of curiosity, is the appeal of reduced ($49/75/99) deposits just that you don't have to put so much up?

I see so many posts about people highly motivated by reduced deposits, and was just wondering if there is anything beyond that obvious that makes reduced deposits appealing to some people.

It works well for me because I frequently sail solo and don't have to put down $500 - $600 deposit just for me. I know you have to pay it all eventually, but I take advantage of it when I can.

I had never had more than one sailing booked at a time until the most recent $49 deposit promo. If my 2nd sailing is paid off by the time they run it again I'm afraid I might have to book a 3rd! I'd love to try the Vista, an Eastern Itinerary or a Dream class ship!

Edited by cmukid87

Just book and buy insurance. we were able to get back what we actually lost. We used travel guard and within 14 days of booking they'll cover pre existing conditions. It's not super expensive and the forms and process were painless

It works well for me because I frequently sail solo and don't have to put down $500 - $600 deposit just for me. I know you have to pay it all eventually, but I take advantage of it when I can.

Very good point.

Reduced deposits are a great way to book for many. Nothing wrong with them and nothing that can't be understood.

They've had 3 or 4 already this year. I jumped on the first one and was able to book two cruises for next year. Vista included!

They will likely have 50% deposits here and there. Not sure you'll see the $49/$99 deposits again anytime soon. Of course there are many TAs that are always running reduced deposit promos. I've booked several times that way. No issues.

Reduced deposits are a great way to book for many. Nothing wrong with them and nothing that can't be understood.

They've had 3 or 4 already this year. I jumped on the first one and was able to book two cruises for next year. Vista included!

They will likely have 50% deposits here and there. Not sure you'll see the $49/$99 deposits again anytime soon. Of course there are many TAs that are always running reduced deposit promos. I've booked several times that way. No issues.

Just makes it easier to book and not put a large chunk down at once. I usually try and book out and just make good payments on it up until it's time to make the final then I just pay it off. Allows me to keep my money in the bank and use it for other things. :)

If there is a good sale soon we may book the next couple of cruises at the same time.

We missed out on the last ones also. We are wanting to book two cruises and it would be great to have a reduced amount to put down. But, with us trying to pay the cruise off for next month we did not check into the sales. Always the next time......