When will itineraries be released?

kimstoess

When will Disney release the cruises for late 2017?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well the original rumors had summer 2017 being released in March (yeah, that worked!) with the rest of the year in May.

But only DCL knows. And I sometimes wonder about them.

When will Disney release the cruises for late 2017?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When DCL is ready to release them.

There are all sorts of rumors and speculations, some of which claim to be based on previous years. DCL also has a history of releasing the Dream and Fantasy schedules while they continue to work on the Magic and Wonder.

Yes, everyone agrees that at least some schedules should be released any day now....and only the mouse knows when that will be.

We are considering a Disney cruise next summer. I just logged on their website and it says "Just Released: Summer 2017 Itineraries" and that they will be available to book starting tomorrow (4/14/2017).

Gold and platinum can book today (4/14). Cruise info into September has been released for all ships.

Today is Gold/Platinum, tomorrow will be Silver, and then booking releases to everyone. Are prices likely to move at all in these first few days, or is getting first dibs more about cabin selection?

While I can book today, I'd rather see the lay of the land in terms of prices and options before playing phone tag with my TA. My family has never booked on or near the release date, so I'm a bit clueless over how valuable these first days might be.

Today is Gold/Platinum, tomorrow will be Silver, and then booking releases to everyone. Are prices likely to move at all in these first few days, or is getting first dibs more about cabin selection?

While I can book today, I'd rather see the lay of the land in terms of prices and options before playing phone tag with my TA. My family has never booked on or near the release date, so I'm a bit clueless over how valuable these first days might be.

Popular cruises can increase in price on the first day. Based on prices people are posting on another web site for their summer 2017 DCL cruises - I won't be playing the Disney game.

Whether pricing will change greatly depends on the cruise. I've seen prices increase in 20-30 minute increments and I've seen them stay the same from opening day to embarkation day. Yes, cabin choices will decrease.

However, for the more unique cruises, many people may book and later cancel as the penalty date approaches. This happened with several of the very costly European cruises in 2016, and a few of those are now available as *GT bookings. They were previously "full" before penalty date!

Your TA can put a 3 day "hold" on a booking for you if you basically know what you want but you wish to evaluate prices, etc. after the reservation. The new dates won't be on the DCL web site until they are available to the general public for booking. The prices I've seen have been about the same or a little higher than 2016.

Oh my, I just saw some prices on the "specialty" cruises. They are insane. 10 night southern for 4 people in a cat 4 was $15K.

Alaska 9 night, 4 people, cat 5 $14K

Alaska 7 night, 4 people, cat 5 $12K

Edited by moki'smommy

Thanks for the information.

I've looked a little at other boards. Yes, the numbers are definitely getting a reaction.

My family operates at the bottom of the food chain on DCL. We got a quote from our TA for a 7-nt on the Fantasy (never been on her) but can't justify it. Even the 5-nt on the Dream (quote on another board) feels high. We'll slip down to a 4-nt and maybe explore doing a B2B.

Thanks for the information.

I've looked a little at other boards. Yes, the numbers are definitely getting a reaction.

My family operates at the bottom of the food chain on DCL. We got a quote from our TA for a 7-nt on the Fantasy (never been on her) but can't justify it. Even the 5-nt on the Dream (quote on another board) feels high. We'll slip down to a 4-nt and maybe explore doing a B2B.

A 4/3 B2B is generally the same price (approximately) as a 7 night cruise.

A 4/3 B2B is generally the same price (approximately) as a 7 night cruise.

The Fantasy always seems to carry a premium. For example, for 2 adults, combining 2/2 and 2/5 sailings on the Dream in 2017 is $2,509 ($1,114 for 3-nt + $1,395 for 4-nt). The 2/4 sailing on the Fantasy is $3,617.

We did 3/4-nt B2B on the Magic a couple months ago. The same number of nights moved a day or two later on either the Dream (2B2) or Fantasy was higher. The Dream was a bit more, and the Fantasy was $1,500 or $2,000 higher (can't remember exactly). We wanted to do the Dream, but the dates for the Magic worked better. It was our first time on the Magic, and we liked it at least as much as the Dream.

Interesting. We did a 4/3 on the Wonder. At that time it was a departure date issue. The price of 4/3 Wonder vs. 7 on Magic was within $100

From prices I've seen recently, the Magic is usually less than the newer ships. I am surprised to see the Fantasy at $1000 more than the Dream though.

It also seems to be dependent on dates. Just to amuse myself, I looked at a 3/4 on the Dream in September 2016 for 2 people. Dream was $1600+$1800, Fantasy for the same week, obviously different departure date was $3099. Same category. So in this instance, the Fantasy is less.

You are correct.....I can't tell what day it is sometimes.:) I said today' date=' but put the wrong date. No hope for this basket case.:o[/quote']

LOL. Probably staying up too late trying to make heads or tails out of all the new itineraries.