Navigator kids drinks? package or no?

We are taking our first family cruise on Sunday on the Navigator. I had heard you could purchase drink options for the kids that are less than $8 a day. Do they need the drink package for Adventure Ocean? We plan on having them at the kids club a lot (they are 8 and 10 year old boys). What do they drink if they don't have the package? Water? (I'm ok with that).

I've heard the price goes up if we buy on board so I'd rather buy ahead of time if we need to. Do all the other kids get the drink package?

The least expensive package is soda only, and it is $8 per day, plus 18%. Same price on the ship.

Drinks that are no extra charge: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices at breakfast.

Unless you want your kids to have copious amounts of soda, there is no reason to buy a package. Ice water is avail. everywhere. Lemonade is in the buffet and you can get iced tea at every eating venue. If you want the occasional soda, you can buy a can (which yields 2 glasses over ice!) Juice is at breakfast...you can bring a refillable container and pour a couple glasses into it for later drinking, if you want.

Edited by cb at sea

Apparently, the price depends on the sailing. For my cruise next year the soda package is only $5.50 per day including gratuity for kids. I know a lot of people are seeing a price of $8 + gratuities. Did you check in your Cruise Planner? Maybe you're one of the lucky ones with the old pricing.

Gotta love RCI and their lack of consistency. :rolleyes:

Apparently, the price depends on the sailing. For my cruise next year the soda package is only $5.50 per day including gratuity for kids. I know a lot of people are seeing a price of $8 + gratuities. Did you check in your Cruise Planner? Maybe you're one of the lucky ones with the old pricing.

Gotta love RCI and their lack of consistency. :rolleyes:

Royal eliminated the children's pricing a few months ago, so it may depend on when the booking was made.

Royal eliminated the children's pricing a few months ago, so it may depend on when the booking was made.

I booked this cruise less than 2 months ago. It's weird if it depends on the date you booked the cruise and not the date that you bought the package. I've never seen that before. Have they done that before?

I booked this cruise less than 2 months ago. It's weird if it depends on the date you booked the cruise and not the date that you bought the package. I've never seen that before. Have they done that before?

I've not seen them do this with the drink packages.

We are taking our first family cruise on Sunday on the Navigator. I had heard you could purchase drink options for the kids that are less than $8 a day. Do they need the drink package for Adventure Ocean? nope We plan on having them at the kids club a lot (they are 8 and 10 year old boys). What do they drink if they don't have the package? Water? (I'm ok with that).

I've heard the price goes up if we buy on board so I'd rather buy ahead of time if we need to. Do all the other kids get the drink package?

included options are:

tap water

juice from concentrate at breakfast(apple, OJ, sometimes cranberry, tomato or grapefruit in the MDR)

Milk( white, chocolate and 2%) all day

after breakfast you have iced tea, lemonade and at least one flavored water or HiC like drink.

the $8 drink package is fountain soda only. on the ships with the Freestyle machines it can be worth it. IF your kids are permitted to drink a lot of soda.

On FOS, if you get thirsty in the kid's club you ask if you can get water, and you're let out past the checkin desk to get water from the fountain. (DS just described it to me)

On FOS, at least, there IS a Freestyle machine in the arcade, which is the hub area leading to the kid clubs for the 6 and overs.

• 2 weeks later...