When to call upsell?

danp2482

OK stupid question. So your PCC can't help you with an upsell? I was going to call mine to see if I could get a different room. But am I understanding it that I need to call the upsell department and ask for a upsell instead.

Just called the upsell department about my June 4th Jewel cruise. She said they hadn't started on June yet and to call back two weeks before the cruise.

I hope I get an e-mail before then.

I called up and got one 31 days out. It depends on how many Haven cabins are available on your sailing and when they start sending out offers. If you wait for an email you may never get one. You've got nothing to lose by calling yourself and seeing what they have. Good luck![emoji106]

I called up and got one 31 days out. It depends on how many Haven cabins are available on your sailing and when they start sending out offers. If you wait for an email you may never get one. You've got nothing to lose by calling yourself and seeing what they have. Good luck![emoji106]

Oh, I intend to keep calling.....maybe once a week anyway. May 4th will be 30 days out for me. Also , I am looking for a basic balcony from an outside. I wonder if that makes a difference too?

Congrats on your upsell!

Edited by Tinknock50

We called right at 30 days out and got an offer. I called in the morning and was offered H5 or SE/SF - then my husband called back after lunch (I admit he is the better negotiator) and, for the same prices, got offers for H4 or SC.

[They weren't the best deals ever, honestly, (upper end of what would be considered even vaguely reasonable) but this is our first trip with the kiddo, and we could really use the extra space. Someone's going to have to stay with him every night (he'll be 14 months) from about 6:30 on, so the cost was worth it to us to make sure that we'll have the space and conveniences we want.]

It's also good to note that they DO log when you call and the frequency at which you call. You might get a comment like this " Sir, the rates are the same from the last time you called" Please try back in a week.

There's no good time (of day) to call...I don't think they are on a quota or something to that nature.

The upsell depends on availability - if they have a lot of rooms left, then probably lower the price to get them sold... if not, then price is higher but probably less than what you would have had to pay outright

How would one go about calling the upsell dept? We are going on our first NCL cruise for our honemoon at the end of the month.

Does anyone know the number for the upsell dept? I saw it in another thread but can't find it now. Thanks

Yes - if someone could post the upsell number -- Last year I received an e-mail asking me to switch the cruise dates I was on to a different week (with an offer of OBC and UBP) but was unable to do so -- I have not received any upsell offers :( but am 5 days from sailing and see lots of cabins still available.

So I called for my trip (leaving May 7th) and after several attempts to get someone to answer the phone, I finally got a person and was told that the only upsell that they have is to the Mini-Suite for $250 pp (but I have to pay $30 extra because I have the insurance) so although we have 4 in cabin, we only have to pay for the first 2 passengers so $560 for upgrade from mid ship balcony to mini suite? Kind of seems like a lot to me -- although there are a few aft- mini suites available which would be the only reason I really want this. Think it's worth it?

EEK, I just upselled on my upsell, I am now in a DOS for this Sunday, 10 day cruise on the DAWN!!

Congrats!!! Any chance of the details? I have an Aft Balcony on the Dawn and was tossing and turning if I should pursue an upsell...

What was the per person cost?

What room did you start in?

Thank you!!

Congrats!!! Any chance of the details? I have an Aft Balcony on the Dawn and was tossing and turning if I should pursue an upsell...

What was the per person cost?

What room did you start in?

Thank you!!

We originally booked a balcony 9050. About 2 weeks ago we paid $400pp to upgrade to a family suite with balcony 12020. Just called and paid $100pp for the DOS, I am a little sad no balcony, but it will be so nice. And its a 10 day cruise!!

Just called.....they are only as far as May 22nd with the upsells and my cruise is June 4th.:(

Interesting that she asked if I got an e-mail. I said no and asked back, "why, did you send one?" and she said they don't send emails out. Sounds like they inform someone else at NCL and they send out e-mails.

I think I will call again next Monday.

Edited by Tinknock50

Just called.....they are only as far as May 22nd with the upsells and my cruise is June 4th.:(

Interesting that she asked if I got an e-mail. I said no and asked back, "why, did you send one?" and she said they don't send emails out. Sounds like they inform someone else at NCL and they send out e-mails.

I think I will call again next Monday.

Keep trying. I just got an upsell for 5/29.

We originally booked a balcony 9050. About 2 weeks ago we paid $400pp to upgrade to a family suite with balcony 12020. Just called and paid $100pp for the DOS, I am a little sad no balcony, but it will be so nice. And its a 10 day cruise!!

Thank you for sharing....

That's my dilemma..... giving up the aft balcony! it would have to be an outrageous deal for me to move from that. There's only one Aft Penthouse Suite left and my trip isn't until May 2017!! You'll have to come back to this thread to tell me if the DOS is worth it.

Interesting you got one after the 22nd. Maybe it makes a difference which region the cruise is in?

Yes, it varies by ship and cabin availability. I was told there were no upsells so on Friday when 3 H6 remained. When I called today, there was just 1 so I was able to snag it. I called 3-4 times a week over the past 3 weeks. Keep looking at inventory and calling.

Edited by Luxurycruise2