Cruise delays

Booked on the IOTS next April from Fort Lauderdale. I am going to try and book my flights soon. Hoping to fly with BA back to Heathrow (from Miami). The disembarkation process begins at 7am for this cruise. With the BA flights in late afternoon / evening, I don't think I need to be worried about missing my flight unless the cruise is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances - but I am assuming that such instances are rare / very rare??

Also thought springs to mind that disembarking I might need to kill 6 to 8 hours before arriving at the airport for my flight. With cases in tow I wonder anyone have any good suggestions where I might spend this time?

The ship will probably have a tour which ends at the airport. Bags are loaded on the bus so you are not dragging them around all day. I have heard these tours get you to the airport at around 3pm. The other alternative is to book a day room at a hotel near the airport and chill for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you're comfortable driving on our side of the road you could also rent a car for the day and leave the bags in the trunk (boot). It is usually pretty cost effective to rent a car in Ft. Lauderdale and leave it at Miami Airport.

Roy

A day room at a hotel near the airport will give you someplace "to be", with pool, TV, bathroom, etc....that's what I'd do if I had more than 4 or so hours "to kill".

A major delay in arriving back to home port is pretty rare!