NCL to Alaska with my 2 year old

maritaysa

I've never sailed NCL. From what I read, my 2 yr old can't go to their kids club. Any advice on what she and I can do on the Pearl and at the ports? Also, does anyone have any experience with the CARE airline harness? Thank you!

For shore time with your daughter, get a guidebook, and see what's available in each port. That's the best way to get the most out of your time ashore! Libraries have guidebooks!!! Rarely do you need pricey excursions to have fun in ports!!!

Children (and adults) in diapers cannot use the pools...so whatever you do at home for entertainment of your child, you will do on the ship! Most lines have "toy exchanges" so you can get age appropriate toys for her...and switch them out if she tires of them.

I don't know if you are passed cancellation date but princess does a nice job in Alaska, and lets kids under 3 use their kids clubs with parental supervision. We really liked the helicopter excursion to dog camp on a glacier. It's pretty pricey so it's best to book directly with teems on instead of through the ship. The Bering sea crab tour was great, but doesn't allow small kids.

Edited by kitkat343

Yes but NCL can use the guppies with parental supervision as well , which is the same as princess!

I don't think there are any cruise lines that let under 3 in their kids clubs unsupervised. I think there are some of the bigger cruise ships that offer paid for cresh services.

I was on board with my 2 year old niece who was potty trained and she loved the kiddies pool. She also loved c all the pool entertainment and shows even though she didn't understand what was going on.

I had a hard time with the CARES harness, especially when the person behind us used their tray table, but it definitely could have been operator error on my part. The harness lock wouldn't snap all the way, so the harness just kept sliding down.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yes but NCL can use the guppies with parental supervision as well , which is the same as princess!

I don't think there are any cruise lines that let under 3 in their kids clubs unsupervised. I think there are some of the bigger cruise ships that offer paid for cresh services.

I was on board with my 2 year old niece who was potty trained and she loved the kiddies pool. She also loved c all the pool entertainment and shows even though she didn't understand what was going on.

Camp Ocean on Carnival starts at 2 and they change diapers. EM