Canned pop and drinks cost on PP

jjev

Hi there I am neither a big drinker of alcohol and not super fond of fountain pop. But was wondering if anyone knows the price of canned pop? And if I do have a drink what the average price is...Anyone know if they have Happy Hours on the Pacific Princess. Trying to make decision on buying the soda package..does it only include fountain soda? what about bottled water? Thanks for any kind of input

Soda packages only include fountain soda which I do not like & only the $56/day AIBP includes bottled water. The ship's water is safe to drink & we use refillable bottles instead of bottled water.

Cans of soda cost about $2.25 (including 15% tip) but there are specials through room service & as I recall is buy 5 and get 6. There is a limited selection of soda which is primarily Coke products & no Pepsi products that I can recall. Every Princess cruise I've sailed in over a year had a happy hour...buy one, get one for $1...at one bar between 3-4 and 10-11 or 11-midnight. I've read that you can ask that any drink (alcoholic & nonalcoholic) not be opened.

We bring our own soda at embarkation & from ports which Princess allows...my wife likes Coke Zero which is not available on the ship.

There is a bottled water package which some posts indicate may only be available to purchase in advance:

Bottled Water Package

Bottled Water Package $6.90 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

Stay hydrated and refreshed throughout your cruise with 12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to your stateroom. Price includes service charge.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hi there I am neither a big drinker of alcohol and not super fond of fountain pUSop. But was wondering if anyone knows the price of canned pop? And if I do have a drink what the average price is...Anyone know if they have Happy Hours on the Pacific Princess. Trying to make decision on buying the soda package..does it only include fountain soda? what about bottled water? Thanks for any kind of input

Looking at our last on board folio a can of soda is either US$2.30 and maybe US$3.05. The soda & more package is US$8.05/day and includes only fountain sodas, not canned. It does not include bottled water.

"Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge."

You can carry on as much canned soda and bottled water as you wish. Ship's water is fine to drink, equal or better than bottled water.

Thank you everyone for your input...makes my decision easier going to just buy as I go...

I find the best option for canned soda is really just to take along what I want. Princess allows as much canned soda as you like to be brought onboard. I like Diet Mt. Dew and Diet Ginger Ale. Neither is available onboard so, if I want soda on a cruise, I have to bring my own.