Should I purchase FTTF if.........

b8nkr

Just trying to figure out if I should buy FFTF if I have an 11:00-11:30 check in. It is on the Liberty out of Galveston and is a 5 day cruise and no tendering ports are involved. Is it worth it or should I pass?

Just trying to figure out if I should buy FFTF if I have an 11:00-11:30 check in. It is on the Liberty out of Galveston and is a 5 day cruise and no tendering ports are involved. Is it worth it or should I pass?

I think it really depends on why you want it. Personally, I like it for two reasons:

being able to go to my stateroom immediately upon boarding to drop off anything heavy we carried on like wine and pop, and to not have to wait in line at guest services if we need something during the cruise. I stopped by guest services far more than usual on my last cruise--at least 6 times--and that alone made it worth it, since the lines were long. Your check in time doesn't affect either of those two things, so in your shoes, I'd get it.

I think it really depends on why you want it. Personally, I like it for two reasons:

being able to go to my stateroom immediately upon boarding to drop off anything heavy we carried on like wine and pop, and to not have to wait in line at guest services if we need something during the cruise. I stopped by guest services far more than usual on my last cruise--at least 6 times--and that alone made it worth it, since the lines were long. Your check in time doesn't affect either of those two things, so in your shoes, I'd get it.

Agreed............

I also have 11:00 am check in for a liberty cruise. I went ahead and got FTTF for the reasons mentioned above! We will have our 4 year old and I'll definitely want the room ready asap!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ALSO ... you have an early CHECK-IN time, not an early BOARDING TIME. FTTF will get you on the ship in an earlier boarding group than general boarding.

Plus, getting into the room right away alone is worth it for me :)

ALSO ... you have an early CHECK-IN time, not an early BOARDING TIME. FTTF will get you on the ship in an earlier boarding group than general boarding.

Plus, getting into the room right away alone is worth it for me :)

I'm not sure I follow... we check in at our designated time then have to wait to board???

Also - If we get FTTF do we still have to wait until our designate check in time to check in?

I'm not sure I follow... we check in at our designated time then have to wait to board???

Also - If we get FTTF do we still have to wait until our designate check in time to check in?

Yes, everyone has to wait to board until the ship is cleared.

If you have FTTF you can check in at anytime.

Check-in time is when you can enter the terminal. Boarding time is when they start letting people on the ship. With FTTF you will board after weddings, Diamond, Platinum, and suites, but before general boarding...

It's a waste of $$$.

OP - As you can see, the perceived value of FTTF varies greatly. To some it's a waste, to some essential. Being one who hates standing in long lines, I like it. It's up to you if you want to spend your hard earned money on...

OP, I see you've already purchased FTTF however I just wanted to add that I'm in the "totally worth it" club! I love being able go right to my cabin as soon as I board and I like having my luggage delivered early as I like to try to unpack before the muster drill and get settled in. It also has come in very handy when I've had something unexpected pop up that requires a trip to guest services (there is also a dedicated phone number to call with FTTF that the Plats/Diamonds also can use. I think you'll be happy you purchased it. :D

Edited by ShellLoves2cruise
Spelling

We are seasoned cruisers(did 5 with Carnival in the past) but haven't done a Carnival cruise in about 4 yrs. I just booked a cruise for next month on Conquest. Just came across this FTTF which I was not familiar with.

What I am concerned about is getting OFF the ship the day we disembark. We will be taking our own luggage off. Our last cruise with Celebrity, it took a bit to get off even when we took our own luggage.( but it moved fast) Our flight is at 11am in Fort Lauderdale which I know isn't real far from the port.

It is just my husband and I (no kids) we really aren't concerned about needing to get into our room right away, lines on tendering.

So I am asking does FTTF effect being first to get off?? Hope I am wording this correctly.

Making dinner as I type.

Don't want to waste money but don't want to miss a flight.

Thanks for any help my way.

We are seasoned cruisers(did 5 with Carnival in the past) but haven't done a Carnival cruise in about 4 yrs. I just booked a cruise for next month on Conquest. Just came across this FTTF which I was not familiar with.

What I am concerned about is getting OFF the ship the day we disembark. We will be taking our own luggage off. Our last cruise with Celebrity, it took a bit to get off even when we took our own luggage.( but it moved fast) Our flight is at 11am in Fort Lauderdale which I know isn't real far from the port.

It is just my husband and I (no kids) we really aren't concerned about needing to get into our room right away, lines on tendering.

So I am asking does FTTF effect being first to get off?? Hope I am wording this correctly.

Making dinner as I type.

Don't want to waste money but don't want to miss a flight.

Thanks for any help my way.

You will have priority to disembark.

You will have priority to disembark.

On another thread someone mentioned if you take your own luggage off you don't have to wait so don't bother paying $ 50 bucks to get off early.

Called Carnival about this question of FTTF and disembarking with own luggage and one confirmed it wouldn't be a factor buying FTTF for disembarking another wasn't so sure so that is why I was asking on here.

Anyone remembering about this on a recent cruise?

On another thread someone mentioned if you take your own luggage off you don't have to wait so don't bother paying $ 50 bucks to get off early.

Called Carnival about this question of FTTF and disembarking with own luggage and one confirmed it wouldn't be a factor buying FTTF for disembarking another wasn't so sure so that is why I was asking on here.

Anyone remembering about this on a recent cruise?

We had FTTF on our February Dream cruise. Since we had FTTF, we had priority seif-disembark. We went to the Crimson restaurant at 6:30 AM along with the other FTTF, Diamond, and Platinum cruisers. The ship docked at 7:00, we started leaving the restaurant at 7:10 (Diamond/Platinum first, FTTF last). We were off the ship and thru customs by 7:30. From what I've been told, over a thousand cruisers tried the regular self-disembark after us, and it caused quite a logjam and delays.

We got on early, got to our rooms early, got off early. Worth it to me....

If you need to get off asap, do self embark. You'll go first. And really that makes more sense so you won't have to go looking for luggage which you would need to do with fttf.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ok, got it. I would not have to pay for FTTF if I am wanting to self-embark.

Just wanted to be sure I wasn't having to be behind everyone else who is paying for FTTF.

thanks Susan

Just wanted to be sure I wasn't having to be behind everyone else who is paying for FTTF.

thanks Susan

Oops. Meant to say self-debark, not self-embark.

Again thanks for the help

thanks Susan

It cost nothing to sell-disembark. But you WILL be behind the Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF people who choose to self-disembark. They will have priority...

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

If you need to get off asap, do self embark. You'll go first. And really that makes more sense so you won't have to go looking for luggage which you would need to do with fttf.

With FTTF, you can still carry off your own luggage. Plus you get off before self disembark.

Priority and fftf still get off before self disembark.

Get FTTF and do self disembark and you will be off shop nearly first.