Lost Luggage between ship and port (Oceana/Genoa)

SteveH2508

Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) about how P&O handle lost luggage?

We put both our bags outside our cabin on the last night, duly labelled, and only one made into the baggage hall (Oceana disembarking at Genoa).

We have called the P&O number on the website and told staff at the port, but the manner in which they approached it did not inspire confidence. It has rather spoiled what was otherwise an enjoyable cruise (despite the weather).

Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) about how P&O handle lost luggage?

We put both our bags outside our cabin on the last night, duly labelled, and only one made into the baggage hall (Oceana disembarking at Genoa).

We have called the P&O number on the website and told staff at the port, but the manner in which they approached it did not inspire confidence. It has rather spoiled what was otherwise an enjoyable cruise (despite the weather).

We left a suit carrier in the baggage hall at Southampton once. They were very good sorting it out.

As this is a fly cruise , they take your cases off the ship, I thought the next time you saw them was at the carousel in this country. Them being loaded onto the plane similar to when you arrive out there and you don't see them until outside your cabin. Were you on a charter fly, or did you arrange your own flights.

I am sorry, but they will be trying to sort it.

Or rereading did you mean the baggage hall in this country.

If this is the case it is possible someone else may have taken your case, thinking it was theirs.

I guess until they contact pando and say I brought the wrong case home, there is not a lot pando can do.

Edited by the english lady

We were staying an extra night in Genoa - P&O transfer to a hotel booked by P&O and then transfer to airport next day. We picked up baggage in the baggage hall dockside to then load it onto the transfer bus. BA flight was booked through P&O.

We reckon that somebody might well have taken the wrong case - whether they have the decency to try to sort it out - who knows?

I shall be patient - the lady I spoke to at P&O in Southampton reckoned it would take 2 or 3 days to get any response from the Genoa end. I just hope they contact the ship as well - just in case (excuse the pun) it got lost somewhere on board.

Update - seems my bag was loaded on the wrong coach therefore flight and has ended up at Bournemouth airport!

Now just waiting for them to sort out couriering it back to me. Hopefully will have my dress shoes back in time as I am best man at a wedding in two weeks.

Note to P&O - test your baggage handlers for colour-blindness!

Update - seems my bag was loaded on the wrong coach therefore flight and has ended up at Bournemouth airport!

Now just waiting for them to sort out couriering it back to me. Hopefully will have my dress shoes back in time as I am best man at a wedding in two weeks.

Note to P&O - test your baggage handlers for colour-blindness!

Thanks for the update. Nice to know there should be a happy end to this story.