Few changes in PS 7046

I wish we had known about this Behind the Scenes tour that some of you got to do before DH completed his survey several days ago. He was not a happy camper with HAL when we got off the ship. That would have been one more thing he would have mentioned that we didn't get.

He would have definitely done the tour. I couldn't have done the tour because of my Rollator.

Greetings, in the helpful photo of the list of drinks I saw no Scotch...KK, to your recollection, was any (decent or otherwise) available?

My own comment on the honour bar concept for Neptune guests is "shrug" given other lines (eg: Celebrity) provide concierge level guests with complimentary bar each evening. On HAL, we no longer even get the once per cruise VIP party.

Secondly, KK, you indicate that your hubby was not pleased with the cruise. Given your overall experience I, for one, would be interested why, if you care to share. Thanks,

ON cruiser

No -- there wasn't any Scotch available on the the Honor's Bar. We asked if they could add some after dinner drinks like Grand Marnier or B&B.

Our cruise did not start off well. Embarkation day we did not get an invitation to the Mariner's Reception in the Crow's Nest. We found out about it after it was over. DH tried the pre-made sandwiches again (had them on the Eurodam last fall) and they were terrible -- bun soaked from Mayo on the bottom and mustard on the top. As you said no VIP party. There was a suite cocktail party on the first night but no officers - we stayed only a couple of minutes. DH likes to meet the captains -- couldn't on our cruise. In 21 days we only saw him 2 times -- at a distance -- awards cocktail party and the Q&A session. At the awards party only the Presidents Club members could get a drink of their choice for free. The rest of us were offered the cheap sparkling wine, cheap red and white wines and Bloody Mary's. The list goes on and on.

DH filled out his survey and asked HAL to call him. No word from Seattle. I still maintain that Seattle does not read all the surverys.

During Code Red that Honor Bar and its contents disappears along with every self-service item. Just to let you know...

We were in Code Orange for a few days. Nothing changed in the Lido -- serve yourself. But in the bars/lounges we didn't get any appetizers for about 4 days and just a small jar of peanuts. The last 2 days of the cruise we were given individual plates of appetizers and each person got their own small bowl of peanuts and gold fish. We were told not to share.

No -- there wasn't any Scotch available on the the Honor's Bar. We asked if they could add some after dinner drinks like Grand Marnier or B&B.

Our cruise did not start off well. Embarkation day we did not get an invitation to the Mariner's Reception in the Crow's Nest. We found out about it after it was over. DH tried the pre-made sandwiches again (had them on the Eurodam last fall) and they were terrible -- bun soaked from Mayo on the bottom and mustard on the top. As you said no VIP party. There was a suite cocktail party on the first night but no officers - we stayed only a couple of minutes. DH likes to meet the captains -- couldn't on our cruise. In 21 days we only saw him 2 times -- at a distance -- awards cocktail party and the Q&A session. At the awards party only the Presidents Club members could get a drink of their choice for free. The rest of us were offered the cheap sparkling wine, cheap red and white wines and Bloody Mary's. The list goes on and on.

DH filled out his survey and asked HAL to call him. No word from Seattle. I still maintain that Seattle does not read all the surverys.

Thanks for all your comments.

Those pre made sandwiches sound horrible.

I hope that someone in Seattle will call your DH.