canellation question

lisaf1

We currently have a reservation for 3 on Anthem in Nov. I need to cancel my mom still leaving 2 of us in the room. We are long before any penalties but was curious is Royal going to change the prices that I currently have and rebook at current prices? I am hoping that isn't the case since I booked over a year ago and my cost for 3 is currently less than the current cost for 2.

Lisa

We currently have a reservation for 3 on Anthem in Nov. I need to cancel my mom still leaving 2 of us in the room. We are long before any penalties but was curious is Royal going to change the prices that I currently have and rebook at current prices? I am hoping that isn't the case since I booked over a year ago and my cost for 3 is currently less than the current cost for 2.

Lisa

Royal seems to take any opportunity to re-price, but rules are different for cancelling the 3/4 guests. I suspect you will be OK, but I'd call them and see what they say. If there is any chance you would find someone else to take that third space, then I'd keep your mom on the booking as long as possible. Also remember that if Royal wants to re-price, you can always keep your mom on the booking and have her be a no-show.

Royal seems to take any opportunity to re-price, but rules are different for cancelling the 3/4 guests. I suspect you will be OK, but I'd call them and see what they say. If there is any chance you would find someone else to take that third space, then I'd keep your mom on the booking as long as possible. Also remember that if Royal wants to re-price, you can always keep your mom on the booking and have her be a no-show.

But doesn't mom lose her $$$ if she is a "no show" ?

But doesn't mom lose her $$$ if she is a "no show" ?

Yes, but if Royal insists they must re-price, the OP says their booked price for three is less than the current price for two.

Yeah. I think the best thing to do in this case is call Royal Caribbean and ask what would happen if you needed to cancel one person from your reservation. Then, based on what they say, you can make a decision on what you want to do.