best beache in cozumel?

cruiselover168

hi guys, we will cruise with NCL. I'm planning on going to the nicest beach in cozumel. Can some one suggest me the best beach around there ? It's easy and safe to take taxi there? It's by per person? uppon arrival on X beach, do i have to pay for entrance fee to use their chairs? your inputs are much appreciated! thanks

hi guys, we will cruise with NCL. I'm planning on going to the nicest beach in cozumel. Can some one suggest me the best beach around there ? It's easy and safe to take taxi there? It's by per person? uppon arrival on X beach, do i have to pay for entrance fee to use their chairs? your inputs are much appreciated! thanks

"Best" is very subjective and depends on what facilities and amenities you require?

Best sandy beach? Best snorkeling, Watersports? Activities for kids? Quiet for adults?

AI/PAYG?

A little reading on this board will inform you that most of the popular beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island - sand and water quality will be about the same, so the difference is largely size, amenities and business model.

Small, uncrowded, quiet and relaxing (limited to 100 guests per day) - Nachi Cocom, AI for about $55 each

Larger, lively, more crowded, water toys, etc. -- Mr. Sanchos, AI for about $50/day

Kiddie water park perfect for toddlers - plus water toys, etc for teens - Playa Mia with a variety of AI packages

Paradise Beach -- pay-as-you-go, great facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach, $3 admission fee.

A little reading on this board will inform you that most of the popular beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island - sand and water quality will be about the same, so the difference is largely size, amenities and business model.

Small, uncrowded, quiet and relaxing (limited to 100 guests per day) - Nachi Cocom, AI for about $55 each

Larger, lively, more crowded, water toys, etc. -- Mr. Sanchos, AI for about $50/day

Kiddie water park perfect for toddlers - plus water toys, etc for teens - Playa Mia with a variety of AI packages

Paradise Beach -- pay-as-you-go, great facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach, $3 admission fee.

Definitely Cozumel's "greatest hits." Thanks. :)

i've seen some youtube videos about this island, the water is deep green, it looks so awful, I dont know of this worth it.

You still haven't said what sort of beach and amenities you are looking for which would make it much easier to offer suggestions.

Been to Nachi Cocom and Passion Island.....Nachi wins and its not even close!

Taxi to Nachi is quick and easy, nobody hounds you to buy anything at Nachi. Service and food was great! The only thing they do is take your pic when you arrive and you can buy it when you leave. Peace and quiet for as long as you want!

i've seen some youtube videos about this island, the water is deep green, it looks so awful, I dont know of this worth it.

We've been to Passion Island twice and the water was lovely both times ... but things can change especially if a tropical storm was in the area.

Honestly, in my opinion, the nicest beaches.....BY FAR are on the East side of the island. No beach clubs over there, just some really fun funky beach bars and restaurants, but the beaches and the views are head and shoulders over the west side of the island.

Punta Morena has a HUGE beach, tons of hammocks, swings at the beach bar, a restaurant, a small dip/wading/lounging pool, etc. Doesn't cost anything to go there, except the price of your food and drink I believe.

If you want a really relaxed quiet beach with lots of space, white sand, blue water and plenty of hammocks, this is the place. You will need to take a car or taxi over, though. It's on the other side of the island from the busy cruise areas.

yeap, i've been on east side several times, and agreed with you! that's why i wanna try west this time :0

but west side, it's far by taking taxi?

Not really understanding your comment. If you are meaning west coast and south of the piers where ALL the regular beach clubs and hotels are, then this is as close to the piers as you can get and taxis are in abundance (unlike the east coast where you would need to pre-arrange your return trip or use your own transport, but I am sure you already know this since you have already been.) Otherwise the west coast beaches could be north of the piers and apart from Buccanos are mostly hotels. Again not as far as the east side, closer to Punta Langosta than the southern piers.

I agree with Mrs Fuzz and think that Punta Morena has one of the best beaches by far but not recommended for regular swimming. Again as I have asked before it depends what you want to do as far as activities.

The east coast has been the coast predominantly affected by the seaweed problem but I am reading several people reporting seaweed on the west coast too. I have not experienced this and don't know how bad it is in comparison. Of course most cruisers only experience one coast or the other on a given day and so are not really able to compare the coasts on the same day and whether it is storm related.

Edited by c-leg5

Not really understanding your comment. If you are meaning west coast and south of the piers where ALL the regular beach clubs and hotels are, then this is as close to the piers as you can get and taxis are in abundance (unlike the east coast where you would need to pre-arrange your return trip or use your own transport, but I am sure you already know this since you have already been.) Otherwise the west coast beaches could be north of the piers and apart from Buccanos are mostly hotels. Again not as far as the east side, closer to Punta Langosta than the southern piers.

I agree with Mrs Fuzz and think that Punta Morena has one of the best beaches by far but not recommended for regular swimming. Again as I have asked before it depends what you want to do as far as activities.

The east coast has been the coast predominantly affected by the seaweed problem but I am reading several people reporting seaweed on the west coast too. I have not experienced this and don't know how bad it is in comparison. Of course most cruisers only experience one coast or the other on a given day and so are not really able to compare the coasts on the same day and whether it is storm related.

Just returned a week ago and the sargassum seaweed that was terrible a year ago was non-existant. It's back to being beautiful (and not stinky). There was a little here and there, but NOTHING like it was last year!

Seaweed is not something that you should have to worry about.

Just returned a week ago and the sargassum seaweed that was terrible a year ago was non-existant. It's back to being beautiful (and not stinky). There was a little here and there, but NOTHING like it was last year!

Seaweed is not something that you should have to worry about.

I am not unduly worried about it. I visit Cozumel on a regular basis, just like you do, and I know the area well enough to know that if it is bad on one side just move on to another area. I am glad to hear you didn't have any problems on the east side because I too enjoy the beauty of that coast very much.

During my extended land visit in December it was really bad and stinky at Rasta's to the point of not being able to stay long. I was not surprised as I knew that was the coast predominantly affected due to prevailing currents. It had been completely clear on the west coast and yet I am reading recent reviews from people stating a problem at various west coast beaches including Palancar and Paradise, which I find strange.

I was just trying to say, perhaps not very well, since all observations are subjective I just wonder how bad the situation really is at these west coast beaches since the majority of cruisers will only visit one beach on a given day and will be unable to compare the two sides on the same day. "Some" seaweed on the west side may just be storm related and not actually due to the sargassum problem.

Sargassum yes or no is kind of luck of the draw. We were in Coz for three weeks in November and again in February with seaweed not being an issue. "El Norte" in February with port closures but no seaweed. Other occasions we've dealt with masses of seaweed on the east side and in the small lagoon at the Park - er, the GRAND Park Royal.