Adventure vs Freedom?

Need help deciding between the two ships. Our background is we are a family of six and we began cruising in 2002. (Husband and 3 sons and now a daughter in law). Has anyone cruised both ships recently?? The sail dates are January 2017. We have been to all of the ports at least once. I'm worried about the negative comments about both ships.

Thank you Tons

Linda

The ships are very similar, Freedom being a stretched version of Adventure. By the time you sail, Adventure will likely have a Flowrider. However, Adventure still won't have Sorrento's or the cantilever hot tubs in the Solarium or the Dreamworks characters.

I wouldn't worry about the "negative comments". But that's just us we've sailed RCCL for 11 years and loved every ship, and you can find negative comments on every one.

We just got off Adventure two weeks ago and loved it. Should be even nicer after the dry dock which I believe is this fall.

I love both ships! I would ignore the comments from the negative people, and choose based on itinerary. While I do like the cantilevered hot tubs, they're not a big enough part of my cruise to make that decision for me. I don't use the Flow Rider and don't need the other stuff.

We sailed Adventure in July and Freedom last week. Both are great ships and would do either again in a heart beat. There is some wear on each but definitely not enough to keep me away from either. Adventure didn't seem as crowded to us so for that reason it would get my vote.

I much prefer the itinerary of the Adventure leaving from San Juan and going to more interesting islands.

Either ship is great. As mentioned, the Freedom is slightly larger (I think something like 90ft), but you hardly notice it.

We loved both ships and would go on either again, but I especially loved where Adventure went.

Tom

Both have promenades.

I don't think Adventure will have a Sorrentos, but it does have pizza in the Cafe Promenade and it tastes the same to me.

I think they are adding a Flowrider and some more restaurants to Adventure soon.

Tom

Both have a promenade correct? after the renovations this fall will adventure have a sorrentos? does anyone know the planned renovations?

Need help deciding between the two ships. Our background is we are a family of six and we began cruising in 2002. (Husband and 3 sons and now a daughter in law). Has anyone cruised both ships recently?? The sail dates are January 2017. We have been to all of the ports at least once. I'm worried about the negative comments about both ships.

Thank you Tons

Linda

Having seen all the ports and having 4 kids, I would pick Freedom. If I hadn't been to the ports I would pick adventure. That is sort of what I did. I went on Freedom in 15 (also '08) and am now doing Adventure for 3 new ports. (I've been on Voyager and Navigator similar to Adventure.

Both have a promenade correct? after the renovations this fall will adventure have a sorrentos? does anyone know the planned renovations?

Yes, they both have a Promenade. Freedom class is almost identical to Voyager class, just stretched about 90 feet just forward of Guest Services.

I doubt there will be a Sorrento's added, since that has not happened on any other Voyager class ship. Royal has not publicly released the plans for the dry dock.

Just got off the Adventure and was prepared to be disappointed (have been on the Freedom twice and had never gone on a Voyager class ship). I was surprised as the ship looked great - not too much of a difference from the Freedom. I thought the Adventure felt less crowded - more room by the pool.

If you are traveling with younger kids, however, Freedom is definitely better with the H20 zone.

The only negatives for the Adventure for me were the old-style balconies with metal instead of glass on the bottom. Also, the gym was smaller and more cramped with a hot tub taking up much needed space. Hopefully they will update the gym equipment and get rid of the hot tub during the dry dock. And, the lunch in the windjammer has really gone south.

Thank you all so much!! Sounds like either one would be great for our family! Thanks for letting me know some of the differences so we could compare. Taking it to a family vote with a bit more information! Yay

Thank tons

Linda