Private Transportation vs. Uber

OceanBreezeFam

I'm trying to decide which transportation company to go with. Has any one used Fab2Go or GOMJSTRANS.? I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale and staying pre-cruise in Miami. Trying to decide what would be better car service or Uber.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm going with an Uber XL... Price is $61-80 estimated. Shuttle for 4, if you can get one (my flight is late 7pm at FLL, and I have to travel to Miami for my hotel) and no shuttles run this late.

Uber seemed like the best option to me.

I think Uber X is only in the $30-35 range. So if it's just two people that would be an even better option.

So far it's approximately $475 for 3 transfers FLL to Hotel, Hotel to Port of Miami, Port of Miami to FLL for a group of 7. But I'm looking to see if anyone has used either company.

Awful lot of money. Here are a few ideas.

1 - Stay at a hotel by FLL that offers free shuttle to airport. Next day take a shared shuttle for $15 per person. It's also $15 pp on way back from POM to FLL.

2 - 7 people rent a van and a intermediate car for pickup at FLL and drop off at MIA. Alamo offers free shuttle from MiA to cruise port and provide excellent service.

On another note I looked for fun as I see your sailing June 25. A van rental from Alamo pickup FLL drop off MIA with free shuttle to cruise is $78 and a car rental is in the $40s..After cruise just do another rental and the shuttle picks you right up at cruise terminal and drives you right back to MIA to get your cars to go to FLL.

So if you want to cut your price in half your looking at around $230 total if you did car/van rentals. Thrifty also offers free shuttle I beleive. Also if you look online for promo codes for Alamo you likely can save more.

Edited by jb456

MJS is often suggested on this board.

You do not need them from your downtown Miami hotel to POM -- a taxi will be under $15; with 7 and bags you will need two cabs. Even cabs from MIA airport hotels will only be about $30 each.

You might also check with Larry's Limos for private transfers between FLL and POM.

I thought about the rental cars and taxis. But I don't want to deal with parking, returning and then catching a shuttle. We don't want to share a ride. My friend did that and was delayed because of others. It's not that much more expensive. $15 pp vs $22 pp. I'm looking for easy breezy. Hop in Hop out.

So far it's approximately $475 for 3 transfers FLL to Hotel, Hotel to Port of Miami, Port of Miami to FLL for a group of 7. But I'm looking to see if anyone has used either company.

:eek::eek::eek:That is an insane amount of money! Like previously mentioned, just Uber from back and forth from the airport. Taxi or Uber to the pier. I think our Uber from the Intercontinental to pier was something like $6. There is no hassle with prearranging, prepaying, forced gratuities and so on and you will save a ton of money.

• 1 month later...

Didn't want to start a new thread we get in FLL at 3:05 and going to Homewood suites Brickell in Miami on a Friday.....Jiffy is a $100 min after 3pm so, thinking about Uber XL since we are a family of 4 with luggage

Which do you think will be cheaper/easier? Another shuttle service?

Didn't want to start a new thread we get in FLL at 3:05 and going to Homewood suites Brickell in Miami on a Friday.....Jiffy is a $100 min after 3pm so, thinking about Uber XL since we are a family of 4 with luggage

Which do you think will be cheaper/easier? Another shuttle service?

UberXL will be cheaper unless surge pricing is in effect. I would also check with Go airport and Larry's Limos for private transport. Go Airport used to offer tow car service from FLL to Miami/POM for about $90

Calculated fare from FLL airport to Miami. Keep in mind surge pricing will add to the price if it is in effect. I rarely see surge pricing at airports though

uberX: $36-47

uberXL: $75-98

LUX: $91-120

LUX SUV: $176-232

We would use Gomjstrans in a minute. Great service and cost from FLL to Miami was great. Our driver was fantastic and called prior to arriving in FLL. Did not have to wait and to.ld us right where to meet for pickup. We tipped our driver very well and the fare was reasonably priced. Strongly recommend.

• 3 months later...