New Shops....Any good deals???

Ready 2 Go

I recall a few threads back someone mentioning new shops were being put on the Breeze. Any updates on this? For example, what shops are there now? Do they still have the Invicta watch sale (my fav)? Are the better deals/products? Thanks all...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I recall a few threads back someone mentioning new shops were being put on the Breeze. Any updates on this? For example, what shops are there now? Do they still have the Invicta watch sale (my fav)? Are the better deals/products? Thanks all...

I'm curious about this as well, have seen a couple of threads concerning this topic with no response. Going this Saturday on the Sunshine and wonder if it will be different from our cruise in December?? Anybody have any input? Thanks!

It would be awesome if they had a whole shop dedicated to nothing except the

$10 items.

I seem to remember there being a store on the Fascination that had nothing but $10 items....even had buy a certain number (either 4 or 5, can't remember) and get another one free! I loved that spot!

I was on the Breeze 2 weeks ago, and the only difference was that there was a larger variety of make-up to purchase. They didn't have any Carnival pens, and there was very little variety of T-shirts. I only purchased 2. There was only 4 different t-shirts for women, and the quality is not as good as the other Carnival t-shirts that I have always purchased. I sailed the Breeze in August and didn't see much difference since then at the shops. I always purchase so much from the shops, but not this time.

Edited by CARNIVALCRUISE3

I was on the Breeze 2 weeks ago, and the only difference was that there was a larger variety of make-up to purchase. They didn't have any Carnival pens, and there was very little variety of T-shirts. I only purchased 2. There was only 4 different t-shirts for women, and the quality is not as good as the other Carnival t-shirts that I have always purchased. I sailed the Breeze in August and didn't see much difference since then at the shops. I always purchase so much from the shops, but not this time.

Thanks for the update! Guess I won't be purchasing as much either. Some of the t-shirts are of different quality as far as shrinkage goes. I was hoping they might have added some different items to the shops with the new management. :(

I was on the Glory in March and could not tell much difference except as stated above about the t-shirts, not much of a selection and what they had were expensive.

Edited by kbh2

So, was on the Breeze just a few weeks ago. Of course on the second to last day they announce a blow out sale of Invicta watches. I wasn't really in the market but thought I would look. So, found one I really liked. Price tag had $335 and it was "marked down" to $149. Decided to get it. Got home, and went online to see if I really did get a deal or not. The IDENTICAL model number is available on Amazon for $89. Live and learn......

I have cruised for a few years and Im probably wrong but isn't there a small amount of time that you can price match once you get off the ship?

The duty-free booze they sold onboard use to price match if you found a lower price in ports.

Me Too!

I love ship board shopping' date=' but I am prob in the minority.

It would be awesome if they had a whole shop dedicated to nothing except the

$10 items.[/quote']

$1 store would be dandy. Most stuff is now made in china.

I have cruised for a few years and Im probably wrong but isn't there a small amount of time that you can price match once you get off the ship?

Yes. From the time you get off the ship until you clear US Customs.

We were on the Breeze the last weekend of February to first week of March. The shops had very little stock, and they said it was due to the changeover to a different vendor. The T-shirts for ladies were very limited and looked to actually be junior sizing. I was buying one for a friend at home, who is normally a size small, and ended up buying a size large--that's how small they were running.

I collect the ship magnets and was very disappointed to see they had changed those to a cheap-looking, much smaller, flat, plasticky-kind of magnet. I bought one only because I "needed" it for my collection, but I wasn't thrilled with it.

I was hoping the selection of all items would eventually improve since our cruise was early on with the new vendor...but maybe not (?)

Edited by CruzCrazy

I seem to remember there being a store on the Fascination that had nothing but $10 items....even had buy a certain number (either 4 or 5, can't remember) and get another one free! I loved that spot!

Must be a Fantasy class thing. Same shop is on the Inspiration and Elation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So, was on the Breeze just a few weeks ago. Of course on the second to last day they announce a blow out sale of Invicta watches. I wasn't really in the market but thought I would look. So, found one I really liked. Price tag had $335 and it was "marked down" to $149. Decided to get it. Got home, and went online to see if I really did get a deal or not. The IDENTICAL model number is available on Amazon for $89. Live and learn......

This is a GREAT lesson for everyone who thinks that when they buy bigger ticket items like watches and jewelry on board ships and in foreign "duty free" ports they are getting a significant savings over what they could buy back home or on line. Often the correct answer is NO. Often the quality winds up being less than they were led to believe. Seriously, in this day and age, if you really, really NEED something or even just GOTTA HAVE IT, you're much better off shopping locally or on line. And booze is no exception.

Must be a Fantasy class thing. Same shop is on the Inspiration and Elation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hmm, maybe. Didn't think of that.

I was really hoping for that shop on our last cruise, me and the kids had were all ready to go "splurging"

I saw the nicest looking pearl-like laminated globes on board a few years back, and forgot to pick one out.

As soon as I got home I looked up the same thing in Ebay for less than half the price, and snagged one.

What does this tell you? Investigate before you invest.;)

Edited by jayscore

This is a GREAT lesson for everyone who thinks that when they buy bigger ticket items like watches and jewelry on board ships and in foreign "duty free" ports they are getting a significant savings over what they could buy back home or on line. Often the correct answer is NO. Often the quality winds up being less than they were led to believe. Seriously, in this day and age, if you really, really NEED something or even just GOTTA HAVE IT, you're much better off shopping locally or on line. And booze is no exception.

This reminds me of the saying: "Duty free does not mean profit free"

Hubby and I weren't impressed with the shop selection on Conquest, either. We'd picked up 2 T-shirts for $30, but once we got them back to the room and really looked at them, decided to return them. They seemed to be extremely cheaply made, almost see- through, and not even worth $15 each. I really didn't see anything else I even wanted, but he bought an overpriced hat, since he couldn't bear to be on a new-for-us ship and not buy *something*. I liked the former shop vendor better than the new one.

Janis

• 1 month later...

Hello all! Sorry to barge in on the thread, but I have a question about shopping on Carnival ships. I am preparing to take my first cruise this summer with Carnival Imagination.

I'm really hoping to find nice casual attire bearing the Carnival brand and perhaps even unique "Carnival Imagination" wear. Will the shops aboard carry things like Carnival polo shirts? Jackets/windbreakers? What is the selection typically like? How about individual vessel clothing for adults?

Thanks!