Ovation of the seas. Tea/coffee facilities in cabin.

asda

I have already seen some cabin videos posted from the travel agent visits and can confirm there were kettles and mugs in the room. Not sure how long they I'll stay... We are sailing Barcelona to Dubai and it would be so much easier to make your own brew in a morning rather than order room service. We have never sailed out of Southampton and therefore have never sailed with a kettle in our room.

When we sailed on Splendour last November from Venice to Dubai in an ordinary inside cabin I asked our room steward for a kettle which was provided without question (I had learned this from a post on CC).

I later spoke to the hotel manager during one of the C&A events and asked about the provision of kettles in cabins. He said that all ships carry a supply of kettles but, as they take up space on the dressing table, they are not routinely put in cabins unless sailings are from countries where it is expected - e.g. UK, Japan. He said to request a kettle from your steward.

I got mugs from the Windjammer and had brought my own coffee and tea bags. Neither my DH nor I take sugar or milk in these drinks so don't know how you would access these.

I will see if I get a kettle on request on our upcoming Explorer cruise from Australia later this month!!

When we sailed on Splendour last November from Venice to Dubai in an ordinary inside cabin I asked our room steward for a kettle which was provided without question (I had learned this from a post on CC).

I later spoke to the hotel manager during one of the C&A events and asked about the provision of kettles in cabins. He said that all ships carry a supply of kettles but, as they take up space on the dressing table, they are not routinely put in cabins unless sailings are from countries where it is expected - e.g. UK, Japan. He said to request a kettle from your steward.

I got mugs from the Windjammer and had brought my own coffee and tea bags. Neither my DH nor I take sugar or milk in these drinks so don't know how you would access these.

I will see if I get a kettle on request on our upcoming Explorer cruise from Australia later this month!!

You won't have to request it, it will be there in your cabin. We're one of the countries where it is expected!

Hi soccerref, I have just recently arrived home (North Queensland, Australia) from cruising the South Pacific on Legend of the seas. They had cups, kettle, teabags, sugar sachets and milk portion controls, plus teaspoons all on tray in balcony cabin and it also had a fridge stocked.

The rhapsody in an oceanview did not have any of these when I went last year. Hope this helps and the Aussies do love their tea and coffee first thing of a morning. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi soccerref, I have just recently arrived home (North Queensland, Australia) from cruising the South Pacific on Legend of the seas. They had cups, kettle, teabags, sugar sachets and milk portion controls, plus teaspoons all on tray in balcony cabin and it also had a fridge stocked.

The rhapsody in an oceanview did not have any of these when I went last year. Hope this helps and the Aussies do love their tea and coffee first thing of a morning. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Reesy, thanks for the picture. We are in an inside cabin on Explorer so don't know what, if anything, we will get. It would be very nice to have the whole tray. They have similar 'hostess trays' on all P&O UK ships wherever they are in the world. There are also 2 packets of biscuits on their trays too and all the supplies are replenished as often as needed.

UK cruise lines like Fred Olson Cruises, and I suspect, Thomson's, Saga, Cruise and Maritime etc all have the T/C making facilities in all cabins. I wish it was standard on all cruise lines in the way it is in the vast majority of hotel rooms. For me, it is much quicker and more personal than room service and the results are fresher and more to our taste.