31.9 Million!!

I don't get the blanket hatred for Frank Del Rio. While I admit that I don't know the backstory or who took what from Kevin Sheehan or why... but really, business is business. People lose or leave jobs and someone replaces them. Business change or tweak their sales approach or whatever... you can find promotions or deals sometimes, but generally speaking - prices go up, and they never seem to go down... no matter the industry.

Why are people so invested in thinking one guy is responsible for all that is wrong with NCL and another was responsible for all that is/was right with it? That doesn't seem to me to be an objective analysis.

I don't get the blanket hatred for Frank Del Rio. While I admit that I don't know the backstory or who took what from Kevin Sheehan or why... but really, business is business. People lose or leave jobs and someone replaces them. Business change or tweak their sales approach or whatever... you can find promotions or deals sometimes, but generally speaking - prices go up, and they never seem to go down... no matter the industry.

Why are people so invested in thinking one guy is responsible for all that is wrong with NCL and another was responsible for all that is/was right with it? That doesn't seem to me to be an objective analysis.

Totally agree. BTW, I could care less what Mr. Del Rio or any other employee of NCL makes, that is between them and the company. Edited by NLH Arizona

Why are people so obsessed with what other people make?

The CEO of TripAdvisor, Stephen Kaufer, made over $39,000,000 in 2015. TripAdvisor owns, among other sites, Cruise Critic... Why hasn't the OP revealed his or other CEO's salaries? Will the OP boycott CBS since Les Moonves made over $65,000,000?

Who cares?

Jim

Edited by JimS4210

Its def understandable that people are angry with price increases, "nickel and dime tactic" all these changes under FDR and people have opinions and I respect that.....I still yet to have horrible service on any NCL ship yet....they have all been amazing hard workers, everything is clean, entertainment is great. I mean small things dont bother me....some reviews I read on CC really want Celebrity, NCL, RCCL, Regent services for Carnival prices....its not going to happen. If there are plenty of other cruise lines that can offer better pricing for you, then take those deals and move on. I sailed Carnival as my first cruise and I HATED it and swore I would never go back on a cruise again, until I went on the Dawn and LOVED it. then I took one on Princess after because it was a 5 day for a mini vacation and that lead me back to NCL and dont have any desires to go back to another cruise line. so raising prices to me is not a big deal as long as the service stays good which IMO is still very good. I think Kevin Sheehan put NCL in a good spot and FDR is trying to take it to the next Level. One thing I wish they would do though with all these changes is with the Ports! im over the same sailing ports on 7 days.....We need San Juan doing 7 days to the ABC's

Its def understandable that people are angry with price increases, "nickel and dime tactic" all these changes under FDR and people have opinions and I respect that.....I still yet to have horrible service on any NCL ship yet....they have all been amazing hard workers, everything is clean, entertainment is great. I mean small things dont bother me....some reviews I read on CC really want Celebrity, NCL, RCCL, Regent services for Carnival prices....its not going to happen. If there are plenty of other cruise lines that can offer better pricing for you, then take those deals and move on. I sailed Carnival as my first cruise and I HATED it and swore I would never go back on a cruise again, until I went on the Dawn and LOVED it. then I took one on Princess after because it was a 5 day for a mini vacation and that lead me back to NCL and dont have any desires to go back to another cruise line. so raising prices to me is not a big deal as long as the service stays good which IMO is still very good. I think Kevin Sheehan put NCL in a good spot and FDR is trying to take it to the next Level. One thing I wish they would do though with all these changes is with the Ports! im over the same sailing ports on 7 days.....We need San Juan doing 7 days to the ABC's

Our suite on the Sun WAS $14,000. For that amount of money I could go on Celebrity, Oceania, and Regent. We were in a very large suite on Oceania for about the same amount of money. The price basically doubled from this past Feb South America and IMHO the service and especially the food quality went down. My point is, if you book more expensive categories, the value is not there. We enjoyed the Sun and could overlook the Carpet, etc, because it was $7300 and included gratuities, drinks, speciality restaurants ...so look what you are getting now. Higher prices, fewer perks, and terrible food. Hence cancelled.

Wow. Do folks really research the background and pay for every CEO of every company they do business with? That in itself would be a full time (sad) job.

Not really. If you read, this information is very available. People need to have knowledge about who makes what, and then decide where to spend their money

But, you have not sailed with NCL since 2014 or 15? It will be interesting to see how you view your next one.;). If you had asked me after our sailings on Getaway and Escape in 2015 and 16, I'd have said the food was fantastic. The service was good. No real complaints. Cut to POA 2016....What a striking contrast. The food was bad. If you'd had no basis for comparison, you might have said it was ok. But it was obvious to me that the quality of meats had decreased. This was true in every specialty. We have eaten in Moderno at least 4 or 5 times on various ships. Liked it every time. On the POA, the meat at Moderno had such a bad taste we couldn't eat any of it. The manager took it off our package. Our waiter alluded to "changes". He could not say much but we read between the lines. The service in some of the specialties, where the best waiters should be, was laughable. But, had a great butler, steward, and the concierge was the best we've had.

Will wait it out with NCL a bit longer to see how it plays out. We had 9 straight cruises with NCL. But we had already decided that after our POA cruise in March 2016 that we'd test the waters again elsewhere. But we ended up getting that 50% credit, and got sucked back in for at least one more.

The POA was post dry dock, and some have attributed the problems to that, but I'm not buying that argument. Our next cruise will either confirm it was a fluke, or that this is the new game on NCL. I fear that "new menus" and the like, is a cover for increased prices and decreased quality paired with staff cuts, etc. affecting service in order to cut expenses to the bone and pump up profits to the max. I'm sure Del Rio does not think his "captive audience" is smart enough to notice the difference. As much as I dislike FDR, I hope I am wrong.

That's TBD, right now I have potentially at least one more cruise with NCL as I am willing to see for myself. However NCL has to get me onboard with the fare, so I'm not sure that they'll actually be able to do that.

Same here!

Only did one cruise last year to use our last cruise reward cert.

Don't see us coming back to FDR's NCL at all.:p

That's after cruising 4/5 times a year with the old crew.

I guess the other cruise line CEO's are grossly underpaid.

Bill

And apparently Sheehan was also grossly underpaid. Sheehan took in $17 million the year prior to FDR's takeover. Obviously the board of directors like Del Rio's promise to double profits by 2017. I'm sure their pockets will reap the benefits too.

Not really. If you read, this information is very available. People need to have knowledge about who makes what, and then decide where to spend their money

You seriously decide where to spend your money based on what the employees of a business are paid? Wow!