Dinner night 1 Manhatten, Breakaway...

ChristineS72

Hi all,

I am a first timer on NCL this Sunday!! :) Question for the first night dinner. Reservations in Manhattan very early 5:30 (large group). Wondering how dressy (or casual) is acceptable. Smart casual ok? Deciding if I am packing 4 of us in a carry on to change incase luggage hasn't been delivered. Anyone w experience think luggage will be delivered by...430??

TIA!!

Chris

I'm nitpicking but I think I would describe day one attire as cruise casual, not "no dress code". ;)

Nitpicking accepted :), but I think you know what I mean.

No need to dress up at all, and unless you turn up in completely inappropriate clothes then there will be no problem.

For example, you won't get turned away from the aft dining room for wearing shorts, but best change out of your swimming costume.

We've sailed twice on BA & other extended families and their friends too, most of the time - checked luggage are delivered by mid & late afternoon, following the mandatory muster drills - odds are good for them to be outside your staterooms by 4:30 or 5 PM, even for a mis-routed one for one of my BIL.

Do the same as when you fly & check luggage (we typically do only carry-ons, even for oversea trips) - cross pack your clothing items - his/her will have 40% to 60% of the items, in case the other bag go AWOL. Pack smartly with 1 full change of clothes in our backpack/cabin tote - front desk/reception can usually supply an emergency toiletry kit if asked, but not XXL or XS clothing on short notice.

Smart cruise/resort casual, informal wear is fine at the MDR - jeans with "designer's holes" will likely get you a few nasty looks, had seen men with Bermuda shorts walking into BA's MDR on day 4 & 5 and seated, unchallenged - :p