Bayside Marketplace walk to Port of Miami

chong67

Has anyone walk between these two places?

I look at street view on Google map. It looks like its walk able across the bridge. How about the walk to Carnival or Norwegian terminal?

It is 1.1 miles according to Google map.

1+ miles, dragging your bags, in the heat/humidity of Miami, while dodging traffic :eek: (Miami is a commercial port so expect lots of trucks in addition to cars, cabs and busses) - a $10-12 cab ride (probably $8 or less in Uber) sounds like a better deal ;)

Its what is described.

One mile, sidewalk, separated by a 4' wall divider.

It is a picturesque walk.

Most trucks use the tunnel now.

Are you sure its a good walk? I did Google street view of it and it looks OK there and then when it gets to the terminals, I dont see any walkways.

Any others have done it, let us know.

Thanks.

Are you sure its a good walk? I did Google street view of it and it looks OK there and then when it gets to the terminals, I dont see any walkways.

Any others have done it, let us know.

Thanks.

Once you walk over the bridge, turn left, walk straight ahead towards the terminals. There is a sidewalk parallel to the terminals. Turn right and follow the sidewalk to your ship.

Have walked it many times, but not with luggage (not fun when it is hot and muggy).

1+ miles, dragging your bags, in the heat/humidity of Miami, while dodging traffic :eek: (Miami is a commercial port so expect lots of trucks in addition to cars, cabs and busses) - a $10-12 cab ride (probably $8 or less in Uber) sounds like a better deal ;)

Not worth the risk...pay the few dollars for safe cab ride!!

I have walked this numerous times with my wife but without luggage. It's an easy walk and there is a pedestrian walkway. In fact, we walk it many times from far greater distances, In our case we do this for exercise and to just get some nice views. When we do this walk we often see people who are walking this either to get to the port for embarkation or leaving the port at the end of disembarkation.

The walk is about a mile but that is before you get into the port. Then there is additional distance from the end of the bridge to the specific terminal/ship you will walk to. Once inside the port before you get to the sidewalk you will have to cross a couple of streets, go up and down a couple of curbs and go over grass. This is a photos showing a portion of the walkway to get over the bridge.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t2xzuPAguZc/VI8hMUack0I/AAAAAAAAn-A/EUf8UwZyPUc/s1600/DSC_1670.jpg

Personally, I would not recommend doing this with luggage, particularly if it is a hot day so that you don't arrive to the ship sweaty. And the taxi from Bayside over to the Ship or back from the Ship to Bayside would only run around $12.00 per taxi, regardless of the number of people, plus tip.

But like with anything else each person will do what they believe words best for them.

Keith

Keith

I have walked this numerous times with my wife but without luggage. It's an easy walk and there is a pedestrian walkway. In fact, we walk it many times from far greater distances, In our case we do this for exercise and to just get some nice views. When we do this walk we often see people who are walking this either to get to the port for embarkation or leaving the port at the end of disembarkation.

The walk is about a mile but that is before you get into the port. Then there is additional distance from the end of the bridge to the specific terminal/ship you will walk to. Once inside the port before you get to the sidewalk you will have to cross a couple of streets, go up and down a couple of curbs and go over grass. This is a photos showing a portion of the walkway to get over the bridge.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t2xzuPAguZc/VI8hMUack0I/AAAAAAAAn-A/EUf8UwZyPUc/s1600/DSC_1670.jpg

Personally, I would not recommend doing this with luggage, particularly if it is a hot day so that you don't arrive to the ship sweaty. And the taxi from Bayside over to the Ship or back from the Ship to Bayside would only run around $12.00 per taxi, regardless of the number of people, plus tip.

But like with anything else each person will do what they believe words best for them.

Keith

Keith

Thanks Keith. Yes be sure to have a good luggage with good set of wheels.

I remember walking from freeway to the an airport because my aunt doesnt know any direction to the departing area and then the TSA ask me why am I sweating. Luckily they believe me.