Is OBC refundable

magicsoccer

If it's purchased for them it is refundable and I believe it would be refunded by check 4 to 6 weeks after the cruise. (Of course I do not understand the "end up not using it all" concept;).)

Oh, I totally agree with you and she never seems to have a problem spending my money:D. I was just wondering if others get too generous that she would get it back. Thanks for the information.

Oh, I totally agree with you and she never seems to have a problem spending my money:D. I was just wondering if others get too generous that she would get it back. Thanks for the information.

I've noticed that since my kids have all turned 18 they don't spend money the way that they did when it came out of my pocket. Congratulations and I hope she has a great honeymoon.

I've noticed that since my kids have all turned 18 they don't spend money the way that they did when it came out of my pocket. Congratulations and I hope she has a great honeymoon.

Yep at 18 all I provide is college tuition and a roof over there head when they are home...which means I feed them too

But everything else is on their dime

Study abroad

College books

Pleasure trips

Clothes

Entertainment

Gas..but I pay insurance while in college

Etc etc

Lol...they even pay for their own pp renewals

Good thing they all know how to make a good buck

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It depends on how the OBC is purchased. I specifically asked about refundable OBC with my TA. I have a big chunk to use in June, and thought there might be a little left (we don't drink or play bingo, so it's getting used up in the spa and on a future cruise credit, and maybe a specialty or two). Anyway, because my OBC will be considered a 'gift', and charged to the TA's corporate credit card, any OBC not used up gets refunded to the credit card used to purchase it.

SO - if your friends and family use their card to buy OBC on the NCL website, and it doesn't get used, it will go back to whomever (not sure how they would determine that, maybe in order of when it was purchased?).

My suggestion - have friends and family buy gift cards and have your daughter apply the gift cards to their account. Then anything left would definitely go back to her and her new husband.

My daughter is going on NCL for her Honeymoon. If people buy them on board credit and they end up not using it all will it be refunded to them after the cruise and how is it refunded? Thanks

Refundable OBC is refundable, non-refundbale OBC is not. Purchased OBC is.

• 2 weeks later...
If it's purchased for them it is refundable and I believe it would be refunded by check 4 to 6 weeks after the cruise. (Of course I do not understand the "end up not using it all" concept;).)

Oh I wish it was refunded as quickly as that.

3.5 months and still counting....

Annie

I don't know about Norwegian, but on RC you can go to guest services on the last day and withdraw any unused OBC.

Pat

On Celebrity your registered credit card is refunded automatically.

Still waiting on NCL.

Annie

I don't know about Norwegian, but on RC you can go to guest services on the last day and withdraw any unused OBC.

Pat

You can go to the onboard credit desk on NCL and cash out, but I'm sure the amount has to be fairly small. I usually have left over OBC, and sometimes I have received it fairly quickly and other times it took a while.

I've heard that delays have been substantial.

NCL UK advised that EU and UK cruisers are subject to a different system.

If you don't email and ask them for the money, they keep it.

Annie

Edited by anniegb

• 3 weeks later...
I've heard that delays have been substantial.

An update:

Still no cheque received.

Contacted UK office and they gave 2 poor excuses:

1. Staff shortages and/or

2. They have moved offices.

Take your pick.

Maybe they have lost their cheque book :wink:

Gives a whole new meaning to your cheque is in the post.

Annie

Good for you :)

I have passed the 3 month mark. Maybe they don't like UK cruisers ? :wink:

Annie

It does sound like kingdom cruisers are delayed. I think living in Florida might help. :rolleyes:

An update:

4 months after I disembarked, I have finally received my cheque.

Annie

Thanks for the update. I continue to SMH that NCL keeps shooting itself in the foot in such a fashion.