Escape Balcony vs Mini Suite

jenkinscb85

Not to me, but it is completely personal. There is a bit more space and I mean a bit. The bathroom upgrade can make for nicer week for some. It is your vacation, do what will make you happy and let it go.

For my family the balcony is enough of an upgrade from our wallet, but I'd take a comp or miniscule priced upgrade, but $400 is too much. That would just about cover flights or cover excursions in two ports.

Is a Mini Suite worth the $200pp extra cost? Bathroom looks nicer in mini suite. Thoughts?

It depends on whether you value the money or vacation time more. For us, having the double sinks was nice to get ready at the same time, and we don't really have the time to get away for another vacation with the money we could save in a cheaper room, so the upgrade is worth it to us.

$400 for a bigger room in which to pee is not a wise use of my money. I spend as little time in bathrooms while on vacation as possible. They could cut it in half for all I care. I can't imagine paying extra for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We only have 2 in balcony so I also can't justify the dofference. I was trying to think how much I woudo be willing to pay and maybe not even 100 total. I don't see us using sink at same time so might prefer counter space for stuff instead of trough sink w two faucets. I'd probably be more interested if mini suite had split bathroom like Disney where there was a shower and sink combo and a toilet and sink combo, that was handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just sailed on the Escape in an M6, and would do it again in a heartbeat. Not so much for the larger washroom, but for the massive balcony, with three loungers on it.

Would I pay significantly more for a mini-suite with a normal sized balcony? Probably not. But not having to fight crowds for drinks and loungers on 16 was fantabulous. Walk 60 seconds to 5 o'clock Somewhere, stock up on drinks, bring them back to the room and lay in the sun. That's a vacation.

• 1 month later...

Bigger better bathroom. More than 1 person can be in it at once.

I think only the family minis have tubs the regular minis have a HUGE spa shower. Plenty of room to hang wet stuff or not shower alone.

I just booked a mini suite over a regular balcony, as it was $180 more total. So for 3 of us, to me $180 if worth it. Having the bigger bathroom for a family is huge to me. I am not sure I would have gone for it for $400 more, however, given the room itself (nor the balcony) is much bigger

With the mini suite you get 32sq feet more room. And the bathroom has a bathtub

Most minisuites do not have a bathtub. Just a deluxe shower.

We appreciate a larger bathroom and would normally pay a bit extra for the minisuite.

Most minisuites do not have a bathtub. Just a deluxe shower.

We appreciate a larger bathroom and would normally pay a bit extra for the minisuite.

I was originally told they all have tubs, but then my TA advised that it is only the "Family Mini - suites" that have a tub. I don't forsee taking a bath on my cruise, and my 7 year old prefers showers, so we are very excited about out large shower. We are booked on deck 10

I was originally told they all have tubs, but then my TA advised that it is only the "Family Mini - suites" that have a tub.

What you have originally been told is based on Dawn class and Jewel class ships, on those six ships all mini-suites have bathtubs (except for HC cabins), but that changed on megaships (Epic and newer).

What you have originally been told is based on Dawn class and Jewel class ships, on those six ships all mini-suites have bathtubs (except for HC cabins), but that changed on megaships (Epic and newer).

Oh, good to know. I actually prefer just a larger shower, so I am very pleased with our selection. Can't wait to sail on her!