Help me decide

Express Man

Any help in pros and Cons would be great.

Looking to decide what's better in most eyes that been on these ships.

I know most will say go with Balcony, But looking for overall package.

Choice #1

Inside Cabin-

Glory 7 days

Miami

Half Moon Cay (been there.. love it)

St Thomas

San Juan

Grand Turk

Choice #2 ($200 more than above cruise)

Balcony 7 days NOL

Dream

Mahogany Bay

Grand Cayman

Cozmel

Family of 4 Mom and Dad 40's... Son 18 and Daughter 13

Any thoughts welcome booking this last minute trip for June for Sons Graduation trip.

My overall thoughts aren't whether you choose balcony or inside, it's whether all 4 of you are going to be in the same cabin? We always do balcony, BUT I could not see 4 people being comfortable in either scenario. Just my thoughts.:)

My overall thoughts aren't whether you choose balcony or inside, it's whether all 4 of you are going to be in the same cabin? We always do balcony, BUT I could not see 4 people being comfortable in either scenario. Just my thoughts.:)

Either cruise would be great, but I agree with cruzelover55. We are a family of four and we stayed in the same room. But we discovered a great thing connecting rooms. Which is better than a suite, two baths, two sets of closets, etc. You can also get non connecting rooms but have the steward open the balcony divider. We will never go back to a single room.

Either cruise would be great, but I agree with cruzelover55. We are a family of four and we stayed in the same room. But we discovered a great thing connecting rooms. Which is better than a suite, two baths, two sets of closets, etc. You can also get non connecting rooms but have the steward open the balcony divider. We will never go back to a single room.

That sounds like good advice. 2 interior rooms would be livable in that option. And the 1st itinerary, I personally think is better.

I have enough trouble tripping over my husband, can't imagine 2 others. My step mom took her daughter and teenage grandson on a cruise and they were not happy. Then my dad, pushing 90 and step mom, and a family friend did a balcony together. The friend is so tiny they felt she wouldn't take up much space. It was a disaster! She refused to unpack or even put her suitcase under the bed. My dad tripped over it and had several bad falls because of it. This was about 3 years ago and they all still barely speak! She tried to get me to take her side as knows that I am aware of how difficult they are to travel with. My only comment was, you knew this already, but, you could have been considerate enough to at least push your suitcase under the bed when you weren't in the room! Sorry, have gotten off topic. Don't know how OP booked, but perhaps could get a deal on 2 rooms. Short notice though. And peak travel time. Hope it all works out. :D

We did balcony last year with my husband and I and 2 12 year old boys. Too crowded. Even though we had enough storage room it was cramped with the bunk being down constantly. I never showered or dressed there I went to the gym to have more space.

I would say if cost is not an issue to do 2 connecting ocean view rooms. Or two connecting insides. Or even have the kids in an interior across hall and parents in Ov or balcony.

I have done both itineraries so no preference there both great. I vote for connecting ocean view so you all can spread out more.

Personally, I would choose Glory for the itinerary. I don't mind interiors. We've even done an interior with 5 women. Just have to time showers or use the gym facilities. We aren't in the cabin much except to sleep.

Are you driving to port?

What about taking a friend for each kid - have the girls with you and the boys have a separate cabin? Have costs all figured out, and talk to friend's parents. Even when my daughter takes a friend, we have meet up times and eat dinner together.

For the ship, definitely go with the Dream! That has by far been my favorite ship, and it has the most to offer (especially in regards to entertainment) of any Carnival ship, and she has great waterslides. For the ports, the Glory's are definitely better (one of the best 7-day itineraries out there), but the Dream's aren't bad.

If you choose Dream, look into the deluxe oceanview rooms. Those have an extra half-bathroom, which has a sink & junior tub/shower. For a family of 4 in the same room, you may find that the extra bathroom is better than having a balcony, and it would be cheaper. A Glory interior for 4 is a very undesirable setup (for me). I would never do it. I would insist that we either get 2 insides or 1 oceanview, since the oceanview rooms are extremely larger & have a better setup.

Glory itinerary is better IMO, plus I prefer the 2.0'd over the non 2.0'd ship and after being on Breeze with the majority of the 2.0 upgrades, I don't think I would enjoy Dream as much. What would the cost difference be if you did a balcony on Glory?

Any help in pros and Cons would be great.

Looking to decide what's better in most eyes that been on these ships.

I know most will say go with Balcony, But looking for overall package.

Choice #1

Inside Cabin-

Glory 7 days

Miami

Half Moon Cay (been there.. love it)

St Thomas

San Juan

Grand Turk

Choice #2 ($200 more than above cruise)

Balcony 7 days NOL

Dream

Mahogany Bay

Grand Cayman

Cozmel

Family of 4 Mom and Dad 40's... Son 18 and Daughter 13

Any thoughts welcome booking this last minute trip for June for Sons Graduation trip.

We cruised with our two girls once on one room...very crowded. Then, we cruised a few years later with our boys and had connecting rooms....excellent decision. Get connecting rooms; you won't regret it.