Gem Butlers and Concierge

KevinsCruising

Anyone know who the Butlers and Concierge are presently on the Gem and if you had them, how were they?

Thanks

On the March 12-22 Gem the concierge was Francesco. He was very good, but we really missed Carlos who had become a friend ;). My butler was Jayson & he was amazing! Loved him!

Anyone know who the Butlers and Concierge are presently on the Gem and if you had them, how were they?

I will have to look out for Jayson.

I'm sorry but I'm genuinely confused about questions like this. What difference does it make who the butlers are since your butler is already assigned based on your suite/location and you can't change that? Why would someone look out for a specific butler if that butler is not part of the team providing services that passenger?

To me this is the same as asking if anybody knew who the room stewards on a specific ship are. :D

Concierge is Monica. My wife, son, and I are on the same cruise as you in SC 11024. Was on the Gem in 2014 in a

penthouse suite and was very impressed. You will love the suite life and will not want to go any other way. :D

Steve :)

Concierge is Monica. My wife, son, and I are on the same cruise as you in SC 11024. Was on the Gem in 2014 in a

penthouse suite and was very impressed. You will love the suite life and will not want to go any other way. :D

We are neighbors. I am in 11030 :)

We love it. We have been in this suite before on the Gem and Jewel. Back then they called it the AB Suite. Now its SC.

I'm sorry but I'm genuinely confused about questions like this. What difference does it make who the butlers are since your butler is already assigned based on your suite/location and you can't change that? Why would someone look out for a specific butler if that butler is not part of the team providing services that passenger?

To me this is the same as asking if anybody knew who the room stewards on a specific ship are. :D

I get your point but you are not entirely correct. I have been on cruises and I have requested a butler that was not assigned to my block of suites. My request was granted. Just my personal experience.

I get your point but you are not entirely correct. I have been on cruises and I have requested a butler that was not assigned to my block of suites. My request was granted. Just my personal experience.

Yes, you're correct and I've done that once too - pre-cruise through the corporate office. But as OP doesn't even know who the butlers onboard are, it's pretty unlikely that they would do anything like that purely based on information they get here.

Edited by Demonyte

Yes, you're correct and I've done that once too - pre-cruise through the corporate office. But as OP doesn't even know who the butlers onboard are, it's pretty unlikely that they would do anything like that purely based on information they get here.

I actually have had butlers on other cruises and found some better then others. I will have another butler on my upcoming cruise and was wondering if one of the past butlers I had was going to be on this cruise. When Jayson was said to be good, what I meant by looking out for Jayson, was if I was assigned to Jayson, this was the butler that the responder was talking about.

That is not true, I have the same butler assigned to me without having to ask no matter where my cabin is. The concierge knows I am fond of him so he makes sure I get him every cruise even if my cabin isn't part of his area that cruise.

Kevin, I spoke to NCL yesterday and the concierge this trip will be Monica, I do not know her so cannot give you any feedback on her.

Edited by iimmie

No not the same,a lot of times passengers develop friendships with their Butlers or concierge and even stay in contact after the cruise, sometimes you just like to know so you can look them up when you on board just to say Hello!

For some of the Passengers its like coming home when you return back to the ship.....always good to cruise with staff that you cruised with in the past.

We always like to know who is there before hand.....just one more thing to look forward to on the ship.....its realy not that confusing.

Marion

That is not true, I have the same butler assigned to me without having to ask no matter where my cabin is. The concierge knows I am fond of him so he makes sure I get him every cruise even if my cabin isn't part of his area that cruise.

Kevin, I spoke to NCL yesterday and the concierge this trip will be Monica, I do not know her so cannot give you any feedback on her.

Thanks Cathy :cool:

No not the same,a lot of times passengers develop friendships with their Butlers or concierge and even stay in contact after the cruise, sometimes you just like to know so you can look them up when you on board just to say Hello!

For some of the Passengers its like coming home when you return back to the ship.....always good to cruise with staff that you cruised with in the past.

We always like to know who is there before hand.....just one more thing to look forward to on the ship.....its realy not that confusing.

Marion

EXACTLY !!!

My son stays in contact with one of our previous butlers on Facebook.

Marion

Also isn't it wonderful when you and crew recognize each other and it starts with a big hug! One of the reasons I love Norwegian so much. They truly are like part of the family !

Found this on Linkedin

Monica Fotache

Monica Fotache

Concierge at Norwegian Cruise Line

Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaHospitality

Current

Norwegian Cruise Line

Previous

Norwegian Cruise Line

Education

Thats good news. I found this about Monica on a post on cruise critic when she was on the Pearl.

The star of our cruise was concierge Monica Fotache!!! She is the ultimate in customer service. She had every detail correct for what we requested and found us every night to check in with us to ask how our day had been. What a delightful young woman!! That personal touch means everything and is one of the things that makes Norwegian feel like my home away from home!! She is the epitome of professionalism, with such a sweet, kind and fun-loving personality! What an incredible asset for NCL!

I should have been more specific, the differences are : My favorite butler knows what both me and mom like in the morning, he knows we want it delivered at 7 am. He also knows I don't like canapés but I love vegetable platters and sandwiches, he knows mom likes m&m's and I like gummy bears. I can go on but I think you get the picture. It's great when you don't have to have to ask for anything.

Also isn't it wonderful when you and crew recognize each other and it starts with a big hug! One of the reasons I love Norwegian so much. They truly are like part of the family !

I agree, I keep in touch with quite a few people on FB also. It's nice when I go on and it's "Miss Cathy" how's mom etc. Make sure you introduce yourself to me at the M&G I'll give you a tour of the GV.

Kevin had a legit question no need to be the cc police. I'm glad he asked because I'll also be on the same cruise in the GV.

See you soon Kevin.

Kevin had a legit question no need to be the cc police. I'm glad he asked because I'll also be on the same cruise in the GV.

See you soon Kevin.

Kevin might have had a legit question in your opinion and your opinion seems to be also affected by problems comprehending what others have actually posted - there was absolutely no "cc police"ing in my post, just genuine confusion as I really don't see the point in asking that question in the first place.

I never said that they did something wrong by posting the question nor that they should not have done it. I just wanted to know the rationale behind the post, but unfortunately so far haven't got an answer that would help clearing the confusion.

What iimmie described earlier is a completely different matter as when you already have a relationship like that with the staff, you don't need to post to a public forum asking who is working where, you simply ask the great butler/concierge directly - or even know without asking - both possible because of that personal relationship with them.