Aurea Class Divina - newbie with a few questions

bandp407

Considering the Divina for next summer & wondering if getting a table for 2 in the "special" section of the dining room is going to be an issue. We have read on many reviews that 2tops are very limited in the main section of the dining room.

We also are mainly wine drinkers. Is there a decent selection of wines by the glass in the "included" beverage package with Aurea class?

Reference made to private sundeck access. Where on the ship is this located?

Also read that you get 1 towel a day for use by the pool. Is this really true??

Don't know if it matters for any of this, but we were status matched to Gold.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi.

The included wines are just drinkable, in my opinion. You may wish to buy a la carte or upgrade.

The only chance you have to get a 2 top is as an Aurea/suite guest.

The exclusive sun deck, Top 18, is just in front of the 'smokestack', accessed, if l recall correctly, from starboard side, near the rear.

Towels are provided in your stateroom and linked to room card and may be changed anytime but if not left in your room at the end of your cruise, you will be charged $30.

Don't know about the loyalty match. Enjoy your cruise if you decide to book it. Ken

Edited by CruiseIreland

Thanks very much Ken . Really appreciate your info. Sounds like we really need to consider the yacht Club. If we want a table for 2. The $$ is a lot higher so we will see. I imagine the wines offered will be a better quality. Thank you again

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello,

We were on the Divina in March. We had a balcony stateroom with the aurea experience.

Every evening we had a table for two in the special section of the restaurant. No problem at all.

The wine was nice.

I can't help you with the private sundeck, we didn't use it.

Every time we used the towel for going to the jacuzzi, it was replaced ( in our room), even a few times a day.

Best regards

Els ( Belgium)

Considering the Divina for next summer & wondering if getting a table for 2 in the "special" section of the dining room is going to be an issue. We have read on many reviews that 2tops are very limited in the main section of the dining room.

We also are mainly wine drinkers. Is there a decent selection of wines by the glass in the "included" beverage package with Aurea class?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello,

We were on the Divina in March. We had a balcony stateroom with the aurea experience.

Every evening we had a table for two in the special section of the restaurant. No problem at all.

The wine was nice.

I can't help you with the private sundeck, we didn't use it.

Every time we used the towel for going to the jacuzzi, it was replaced ( in our room), even a few times a day.

Best regards

Els ( Belgium)

Els-

How did you find the included drink package to be with the Aurea experience?

Thanks~ :)

There was a lot of choice. At breakfast we had a cappuccino or espresso instead of the coffee from the buffet.

There were lots of cocktails, special coffees, wine, prosecco, ...during the day and the evening.

It was also very clear what was included.

The service was also very good. They kept asking if we wanted more:-)

( sorry, my English is not very good)

If i can help you, let me know.

Best regards

Els

Els-

How did you find the included drink package to be with the Aurea experience?

Thanks~ :)

Many thanks in advance!

I cannot stress enough, that if you have a good price based on Aurea, then this is the way to go.

I don't think we experienced a 'special' section in the MDR, but this is probably because my sister and friend booked onto a fantastica balcony a few months after we booked. MSC had automatically assigned our table together. So i'd guess it was away from the Aurea area. Not that this was a problem for us. Sharing a table with family and friends is far more important to me!

Only had bottle of wine on the first night. A white, which was enjoyable. Not amazing, but perfectly drinkable. I believe there are a choice of 3 white, 3 red & 2 Rose.

Separate sun deck was brilliant and very easy to locate. Far quieter than the main decks. Has a hot tub up there too which for the most part was empty. Only ever 3 of us in there when i used it. Also drinks bar is available, although limited. Soft drinks, bottled beer, spirits. I don't remember seeing wine up there but could be wrong.

Yes, fresh towel left in your room wardrobe each evening for use the following day. This was very useful. But i think this is a perk all over the Divina as i'm sure my sister & mate had this too.

I don't know anything about the status match. I only gained silver on this trip.

You also get tender tickets in room the night before (assuming you are using a tender to go ashore)

Dressing gown & slippers in the room for Aurea guests.

Free massage & use of the spa facilities. This was amazing. Had a hot stone & Balinese massage.

Drinks package is huge. I didn't discover prosecco was available until the end of the week. But cocktails also included, and quite a variety

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

To all who have replied - thank you very much, it's greatly appreciated.

The feedback on the 2 top tables for dinner with Aurea is varied - some yes & some no or maybe. I actually called MSC last night and they said with Aurea Class you definitely can have a table for 2 in the dining room & the open seating?? I believe I saw mention to that in their brochure.

Having sailed primarily on Celebrity( Aqua Class on the "S" class ships),Royal on the Oasis Class, and HAL , there is always a bit of hesitancy to change.

Decisions, decisions - thanks again!

The following is from the MSC website in relation to the Aurea Experience

Designed to offer reinvigorating, all-inclusive comfort

Put wellbeing, pampering and peace of mind at the heart of your cruise. In addition to all the features of "Bella" and "Fantastica", our "Aurea" fares offer a series of relaxing benefits for body and soul.

Suites and Balcony Cabins

WELLNESS (adults only)

Welcome Cocktail

Unlimited access to the Thermal Area with sauna, steam room and relaxation room

Complimentary private wellness consultation*

Massage of your choice from the Spa Menu* (up to 1 hour)

Complimentary Solarium session*

Personal care gift set in your cabin

Bathrobe and slippers for an extra touch of luxury during your cruise

50% discount on Fitness Classes and Personal Trainer

DINING & DRINKS

Free in-cabin breakfast

My Choice Dining for a more flexible dining experience

All-inclusive drinks package included (see info box for details)

24-hrs room service without any delivery charge**

Multi-gastronomy buffet open 20 hrs a day

LEISURE

Priority boarding & luggage on embarkation at MSC home ports

Peaceful private sundeck (Top 18 on Fantasia Class, Top 16 on Musica Class & Top 13 on Lirica Class ships

Unlimited use of pool area

Full access to Fitness Centre

Broadway-style theatre shows and varied live music***

Special events for children from 3 to 11. Contact the Mini Club on board for full information

Participation in all entertainment events with a constantly-changing choice every day

Souvenir Gift to recall the special moments of your cruise, available at the Photo Shop after the Italian night

MSC Voyagers Club points to earn discounts and other benefits on subsequent cruises

ALL-INCLUSIVE 24HR DRINKS

Nothing stands between you and pure pleasure during your Aurea Experience, with all-inclusive alcoholic and soft drinks whenever thirst strikes. Allegrissimo Package in euro areas, and More for Less Package in dollar areas. Ask our staff for full information. (*Starting from summer 2017, these package will be renamed All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package and All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package)

* Please make sure you book this with MSC Aurea Spa by the second day of your cruise. The Four Hands Bali Massage is not included.

** On Caribbean cruises only, a small charge is made for nighttime room service between 23:00 and 06:00 hrs.

*** Broadway-style theatre and live music shows are suitable for people of all ages; children attend at their parents’ discretion.

Download our experience benefits summary chart to easily compare what’s included with BELLA, FANTASTICA, WELLNESS and AUREA.

As Ken has previously stated (haha, Ken - saw what you posted elsewhere ;)) the wines available in the included package are just about drinkable. Having said that, it does cover a terrific range of drinks, including a very nice Prosecco.

Here's a link to the benefits for the different membership levels:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

The following is from the MSC website in relation to the Aurea Experience

Thanks very much Bea ! Yes, I saw the list of inclusions for Aurea class. Our main concern was whether or not you could really get a 2 top in the dining room( some say yes, others maybe & some no) & the wines offered on the included list. Did not ask the question on whether of not you could pay the difference to a wine of your choice?

You & I communicated several months ago, when I believe you were considering Celebrity. Did you ever take that cruise? Like you we enjoy dancing and being in the different music venues, especially in the evening. That & the price sort of rule out the Yacht Club for us. The big plus for us with the Yacht Club was the dining room intimacy and I would imagine a better food.

We are still on the fence with Divina as it does not offer the option for outdoor dining for breakfast & lunch, combined with our concerns with the main dining room seating. Perhaps we need to wait for the following summer & try Seaside. From what I can see, there appears to be more of a connection to the sea & outdoor dining??

Thank you again Bea!

Paula

Hi Paula ..................... yes, we were in a Sky Suite on Celebrity Millennium from Singapore in January. We were unimpressed to say the least - first and most likely last time with =X= for us.

Regarding the 2 top, I reckon you'd have more chance of one with the Aurea Experience than in the general MDR. However I haven't done Aurea so can't say for sure. I'm hoping so, myself, as I'm in an Aurea Suite in October and have my heart set on a table for 2.

It looks likely that Seaside would more suit your (dining) needs in terms of al fresco eating. I think MSC had previously designed their ships with more Mediterranean weather in mind and suited to winter sailings in that region. Hence the difference in design in the new builds coming on-stream which will cater for drier, warmer climates. Best of luck with the decision-making!

To all who have replied - thank you very much, it's greatly appreciated.

The feedback on the 2 top tables for dinner with Aurea is varied - some yes & some no or maybe. I actually called MSC last night and they said with Aurea Class you definitely can have a table for 2 in the dining room & the open seating?? I believe I saw mention to that in their brochure.

Having sailed primarily on Celebrity( Aqua Class on the "S" class ships),Royal on the Oasis Class, and HAL , there is always a bit of hesitancy to change.

Decisions, decisions - thanks again!

Aurea My Choice Dining has some issues. They like you to have the same time every day, a bit like 1st and 2nd sittings but you set the time. there were plenty of tables for two on Orchestra last month. Changing times was not an issue( I just told the head waiter I wanted a different time on the evening prior to wanting it) other than you could be given any table and not your regular table with your regular waiting team

As for towels, the very nice plush "Aurea" towels, for use on the sun deck, were issued at the stairway leading up to the Aurea Top 16 (Top 18) deck, they were issued to you using your cruise card and failure to return them would result in an entry on your account for the cost of it at the end of the cruise.

Enforcement of who was allowed on the deck, (non aurea guests could purchase passes of 0.5 day or 1 day or 7 days duration.) was much in evidence with people being asked to leave.

Orange pool towels were placed in your cabin and could be changed by your steward on a daily basis.

The cost of the All inclusive drinks package included in the Aurea package for us on Orchestra worked out at ~ £15 per day as compared with £22 if bought with other experiences, (I calculated the cost by doing the maths on the prices quoted for the three experiences)

Wines are from a choice of two reds, 2 whites, 1 rose, 2 sparkling and the one they don't tell you about 2 dessert wines

Gold status is an irrelevance in the matter of Aurea extras, and just about worthless, the only worthwhile privileges are at the Black level.

Priority boarding, Priority/or late disembarkation, priority tendering at non docked ports

Edited by Skier52

Hi Bea - I am so sorry you did not have a good experience on the Millennium. The ships are much older than the "S" class ships & I do not get the feeling the accommodations are nearly as nice as on the "S" class ships. Also for reasons I have mentioned the music onboard Celebrity ships has us looking to move on, so that may have been a put off for you as well.

According to Ken in a reply to my initial post, notes that Aurea Suite guests should have no problem with the 2 top - so, you should be fine. Whichever MSC ship we end up doing, we would do Aurea Class ( Balcony not suite) for the many inclusions & open seating in the dedicated area of the dining room.

Thanks for your input on Seaside & they are my feelings exactly. Enjoy your October sailing!

Best, Paula