Prohibition Party on Allure

I attended it on the Oasis so the Allure may be similar. Cost was $35.00 per person for admittance. Most attendees dressed in 1920s style clothing, "gangster, flapper girl, etc". You will receive in your cabin a small package containing the "secret" password you use to gain access. It's all about a Prohibition Era Speakeasy. Drinks served in tea cups, snacks and a small band.

It does require a lot of participation by attendees to various games, dancing, etc. My time was 1030 PM but others have commented it was mid afternoon.

We did it on the Oasis last year and it was a fun way to kill a few hours. We did dress up but not as much as some other people.

We are sailing Allure in October, but I haven't seen on my cruise planner yet.

I haven heard some planners show it in the afternoon, but I haven't heard if anybody really had it then or if it was a mis-print.

Thanks for posting those pictures. It looks like a fun time. We are definitely going to look into it when we sail next March.

Be sure to make reservations in advance. People without reservations tried to get into the one I attended and without the password you wont be allowed in.

My husband and I will be attending in May. We waited too long and it was sold out, but I kept checking every day and it opened up again last week. So I booked it fast! Don't know how many openings there are. It is scheduled on day 5 at 10:00 pm to midnight.

Can anyone provide information or pictures of the prohibition party?

Most dressed up on our cruise a few years ago on Allure and I've heard that is usually still the case. You don't have to however. One downside I recall was it happened to be on a formal night. So check on that if it is a concern (you may not want to wear a flapper dress and a zoot suit on formal night - but some did).

The price was reasonable considering you get drinks included. They themed it well and it just so happened that several people we met also were booked for it (and everyone brought the 20s attire). So we had a big group and it was a blast.

• 4 weeks later...

Got off Allure and went to Prohibition party. It was a lot of fun. It was Thursday night from 1030-1230. Most did dress up but not all. Make reservations asap it books fast. They did hold some reservations to be booked on board.