Price reduction after final payment

PoppyandNana

After final payment you don't get a price reduction or OBC. However if there is s higher level cabin that is at least $1 more you can pay the difference and upgrade. Often the lower price offered after final payment has no perks included.

What is the general practice when there is a relatively decent price drop after final payment? Sol?

This always presents a moral dilemma. We, (I included), want the cruise lines to allow our previously booked fare to be reduced equal to the latest lower posted price. How would we feel if they increased our already booked cruise cost to match the latest increase in price?

And I will readily confess to having requested, and received, price reductions in the past. Once several weeks after final payment.

If you are going to ask, ask nicely. It usually works better that way. A lot will depend on how empty the ship is etc. If you booked with a TA, ask the TA, if you booked directly with X, ask them directly. We booked a trip on the Allure a few years ago, it was booked inside 74 days so it had to be paid in full at booking. A week later prices fell, I asked the TA nicely and she got us moved from a boardwalk veranda to an ocean view veranda with no charge at all.