Escape november 5 Not availablr

backsbanny

How does this work anyway? It doesn't even look like the fares are sold, they are currently "selling" them.... and we get bumped smh http://furrycruise.com/ And according to this post here http://www.furrycruise.com/forum/index.php?topic=49.msg105#new

They opened booking for it September 2015 for this cruise. And we just find out?

I strongly suspect it isn't them. While there certainly are a number of people into Furry, I doubt they could sell out a cruise ship. Also, looking at their site it is poorly done with errors on it. They probably haven't been told by NCL yet. ;)

What the heck is a furry?!

Grown adults who enjoy fur costumes and role playing as such. Seems strange, but is it any worse than dressing as Star Wars, Star Trek, comic book hero, etc. and going to a convention?

Please re-read what was posted. They were not upset it was cancelled, they were upset that NCL has done such a poor job of handling it.

I agree, getting upset it was cancelled while normal, is not productive. It can happen and will happen. It is very reasonable to get upset that it has not been handled well.

I think the Golden Rule should be a mandatory class in business school. Executives and management really should be asking themselves. "Ok, if I just had my cruise cancelled, what would I want to happen and is that reasonable?"

Edit:

I will add, to me reasonable is a comparable cruise. While it won't be exact, that is same time and same itinerary. Find a cruise from the same or nearby port leaving on the same day +/- as well as a cruise with the same itinerary but on a different date. That way you have covered whether it was those dates or the ports that attracted the passengers and I think most would find that reasonable. Obviously cover any fees (which I believe NCL does) incurred by the cancellation and perhaps some OBC or upgrades to apologize for the inconvenience.

I couldn't have said it better myself! I don't think anyone said that charters only happened on NCL. Ok things happen, the charter was out of my control. But NCL did a crappy job on the communications. I get why they don't say the have been chartered, but I think most would rather hear the ship is under negotiations for a full charter. The lies were horrible.... it's not chartered.. it's sold out! That aside, once they did start notifying people of the cancellation, the communications were not consistent. Why do some know? Why don't others? Why do I have to prompt my TA to ask NCL AGAIN. Even late as last night, NCL was still claiming it's not chartered. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

I received information from another cruise site advertising a Furry Cruise for 2016 on the NCL Escape. Another address was furrycruise dot com. It look legit to me.

They only had 17 people booked so will have been bumped off same as us for the full charter

Tried calling NCL Guest Relations...after being on hold about 40 min worst service ever. No assistance and refused to let me speak with a supervisor No questions answered and was hoping to rebook. Kept repeating saying $300 air and find forms online. NCL web is not user friendly. Hoping when someone calls me back I can get some answers from cust service. So disappointed in this whole transaction..understandable not people on the phones (I've been there) but seriously that's your job to provide answers!

This year's voyage takes us out of the port of Miami, Florida on November 5th on the newest ship in Norwegian's fleet: the Norwegian Escape. Once settled in, we welcome you to enjoy a couple days at sea and get to know your fellow guests on our way to St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands. From there, we move on to Tortola, British Virgin Islands. After another day at sea to enjoy suiting and the sun, we arrive at our final port of Nassau, Bahamas, before returning to Miami. We welcome you aboard with us this coming November to enjoy the sun, the sea, and running around with friends in suit. Please follow the links to find out more, and we hope to see you on the 2016 Furry Cruise. If you have any questions just email furrycruise@comcast.net

The Furries also got kicked out of the Escape, they are not the reason for the charter nor the canceling.

I have done some researches and found a few Informations that sum up very well to me. I dont have all links nor i want to post it, so take this as rumors, they may get confirmed soon.

The Escape is in Harvest Caye for VIP Opening the new Port in that week, this also explains why the Getaway got ninja changed his Stop from Harvest Caye to Belize City during the same week.

The Furries also got kicked out of the Escape, they are not the reason for the charter nor the canceling.

I have done some researches and found a few Informations that sum up very well to me. I dont have all links nor i want to post it, so take this as rumors, they may get confirmed soon.

The Escape is in Harvest Caye for VIP Opening the new Port in that week, this also explains why the Getaway got ninja changed his Stop from Harvest Caye to Belize City during the same week.

This sounds familiar. I think someone else had the same idea.

anyone else have any luck dealing with NCL guest relations in getting air refunded or upgrades? I have tried several times and no one will work with me. filled out a form but no response. TA said NCL isn't budging on $300 pp and $50 obc. agency not fighting for anything. any tips or advice. looking to change to another date but hate to incur more expenses. very frustrating working with ncl as a whole. this is 3rd and last cruise with them. absolutely back to RCCL.

My TA is trying to get more out of NCL for us, she thought maybe an upgrade and more OBC. She did tell me she has another client also affected by the cancellation who has change fees outside of the parameters, and NCL is being very accommodating. Keep trying!

please advise how your TA makes out. I wont ask you to reveal your agency but if you get a name at NCL I'd appreciate it....my agency has 3 affected bookings and she said they are not budging. I still haven't heard back but will update when/if I do.

Sounds like NCL is sticking it to some people. Shakes head. My TA approached NCL with "She wants to book the 4/8/2017 cruise." Whoever he spoked with replied, "You know that date is not one we offered." My TA said yep, I know! NCL said well you are one of our top account TA, we probably wouldn't do this for anyone else and that they didn't want to put the client through any more hassle.

In a nutshell, NCL is not being consistent. We knew that right? :confused:

Nine of us affected by this. Four in England. Two in Las Vegas, two in dc and me in ct for my sisters 50th birthday. England four and I have flights. Not happy about forced change and was looking forward to trying the escape having done getaway last five times since 9/2014. Trying to get confirmation that they will pay for air changes up to $300 stated and not just the change fee. Three different calls later I'm told they will cover $60 change fee but other costs for switching flights are one by one basis. To move same exact flight by one day both ends is almost $200 extra plus $60 change fee. A lot of effort on my part and I want to know I'm covered before I pull any triggers on the change of air and cruise dates. Then they give you $50 per room obc for the trouble. :mad:

From what I was told you get $300 per passenger, including change fee and extra fare.

It cost me $1,300 to change 3 flights from Saturday the 12th to Sunday the 13th to get on the Getaway :mad:

Waiting for NCL to get back on reimbursement, we have 4 of us travelling so hoping to recoup $1,200...what a mess!

Nine of us affected by this. Four in England. Two in Las Vegas, two in dc and me in ct for my sisters 50th birthday. England four and I have flights. Not happy about forced change and was looking forward to trying the escape having done getaway last five times since 9/2014. Trying to get confirmation that they will pay for air changes up to $300 stated and not just the change fee. Three different calls later I'm told they will cover $60 change fee but other costs for switching flights are one by one basis. To move same exact flight by one day both ends is almost $200 extra plus $60 change fee. A lot of effort on my part and I want to know I'm covered before I pull any triggers on the change of air and cruise dates. Then they give you $50 per room obc for the trouble. :mad:

please advise how your TA makes out. I wont ask you to reveal your agency but if you get a name at NCL I'd appreciate it....my agency has 3 affected bookings and she said they are not budging. I still haven't heard back but will update when/if I do.

Just heard back from my TA. NCL is not budging :mad: She is still trying for an upgrade - I just want a few decks up from where we are at!

I'm sorry I don't have a name to give you at NCL.

Still no word from NCL. Made the switch to Escape in Oct. Same category no upgrades (at this time). Made air switch now hoping to get the difference of fees reimbursed. Guess NCL figures it doesn't have to cater further to cruisers. Its unfortunate. Well I will keep trying. GL all...will keep you updated if I have any success :)

The Desk relations person I talked to who was very understanding informed me to express my distress over this situation on the same place you send in your information for the airplane rebate but separetly. She said tell them what you think you deserve and how it effected you. She said they are the direct link for this situation. go to(1) ncl.com, (2)help, (3)after your cruise and put in your info. Maybe this is not over. Maybe when can something better because this is a terrible offer. Good luck everyone.

I know who chartered the ship. It is a company called It Works. I am friends with a couple of people that are sellers of their products and the have posted about it. It is a promotional thing for their employees. The company is calling it the "It Works cruise takeover".

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I know who chartered the ship. It is a company called It Works. I am friends with a couple of people that are sellers of their products and the have posted about it. It is a promotional thing for their employees. The company is calling it the "It Works cruise takeover".

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

And they couldn't pick a cruise further out time wise? Making sure I don't buy any of their "it works" products. :mad:

The real kicker is they only chartered the boat for 3 days. The promo file I saw listed the sail dates from Nov 5-8....

Uh huh, I saw that too! I'm thinking they could have just filled up the ship with whatever space was available. I'm wondering if NCL is using the other days for the grand opening of Harvest Caye.

Oh well... in the end it just gives me more time to get more NCL credit card reward points to cash in towards the cruise. My revenge to NCL is paying very little out of pocket for the cruise. :D

Uh huh, I saw that too! I'm thinking they could have just filled up the ship with whatever space was available. I'm wondering if NCL is using the other days for the grand opening of Harvest Caye.

Oh well... in the end it just gives me more time to get more NCL credit card reward points to cash in towards the cruise. My revenge to NCL is paying very little out of pocket for the cruise. :D

Hahaha!!!! More reward points for another vacation is ALWAYS a bonus!!!! :D:D:D

Here is a video about it. It says it's an Eastern Caribbean cruise on Escape. I have no clue how they'd do that on a 3 day charter, though.

EDIT: Her video says it goes to Eastern Caribbean, but the info on the website shows it's GSC, Nassau, then back to Miami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMH4_0E8IkI

Edited by LrgPizza