Escape november 5 Not availablr

backsbanny

Oh you are good. Did they give you any other information?

I asked who by they said they didn't have that information of who chartered but they couldn't arrange any change for me until Miami office opened they are meant to be ringing me back to see what can be done

I so can't believe that there is even such a thing as a furry cruise!!!!!! My son is going to laugh his butt off when I show him this!!!!! I am really sorry to all the peeps left dangling in the wind by NCL. It would be nice if they had it a little bit more together to be able to keep the already booked passengers in the know.

I've seen a lot of people jumping better known lines for MSC. If you need other options, MSC has a cruise going out of Miami on the 5th to San Juan, St Maarten and Nassau.

My son & his wife (32 & 35) just returned from the MSC Divina on that cruise. They did not enjoy it. They had cruised previously on NCL and Carnival and loved those cruises. It sounds like it was a beautiful ship but just didn't have the cruise atmosphere they were looking for. They had chosen it for the low prices but were disappointed. I've read a lot of reviews of people who do love it, but I think you have to get a more expensive room and dining package.

Just for fun and because I remember this episode on CSI from 2003 I looked it up and here is a youtube about the suits

http://www.csifiles.com/news/260903_01.shtml

I'd never heard of this either so found it pretty interesting, however, besides not being happy about this cruise, I hope this adds a little fun to all this mess.

I'm still waiting to see if our cruise on the Jade next April will be a go or if it'll be cancelled to undergo drydock prior to it's TA to Europe.

:rolleyes:

Good luck and hope everyone makes out okay.

Ok, I spoke to my TA who spoke with several supervisors at NCL. She says that the ship is near capacity so they have closed that date to new bookings to allow those who have a guarantee room to actually get a room. She says they didn't want to overbook, so they closed the date.

NCL is denying a whole charter, that everyone who is already booked will stay.

This doesn't feel right...

But as of right now, we are on the Furry Cruise. Fan Tas Tic:eek:

Edited by BDsquared
misspelling

Ok, I spoke to my TA who spoke with several supervisors at NCL. She says that the ship is near capacity so they have closed that date to new bookings to allow those who have a guarantee room to actually get a room. She says they didn't want to overbook, so they closed the date.

But as of right now, we are on the Furry Cruise. Fan Tas Tic:eek:

Agreed! :cool:

But as of right now, we are on the Fury Cruise. Fan Tas Tic:eek:

I'm holding out hope this is true. Especially since I can't understand why they would have assigned my guarantee cabin on Monday and to just charter it out?

Just for fun and because I remember this episode on CSI from 2003 I looked it up and here is a youtube about the suits

http://www.csifiles.com/news/260903_01.shtml

I'd never heard of this either so found it pretty interesting, however, besides not being happy about this cruise, I hope this adds a little fun to all this mess.

I'm still waiting to see if our cruise on the Jade next April will be a go or if it'll be cancelled to undergo drydock prior to it's TA to Europe.

:rolleyes:

Good luck and hope everyone makes out okay.

I remember this episode too! I told my son if this cruise was still happening that there would be furry animals on the ship. I said there are people inside of them. He said yeah but they're still animals. I don't think he got it. :eek:

I'm holding out hope this is true. Especially since I can't understand why they would have assigned my guarantee cabin on Monday and to just charter it out?

Yeah, that is strange.

Wow, I just can't figure out how so many people are being told so many different things. That is soooo frustrating not to get a straight answer :mad:

I called NCL myself just now. The rep said it is either a charter or it's sold out. He thought it was VERY strange that it would be sold out already. Then he said it wasn't on his list of charters, either.

He wouldn't do anything else for me because I'm working with a TA.

Sigh...

I'm 100% certain it's been chartered after the ncl rep I booked with said she received an email from them confirming it this morning

I believe you for sure! Have you heard anything else since then?

Has anyone else experienced a cancelled cruise because of a charter? How does NCL usually handle it? Like, are we offered alternate dates or are we just refunded everything we've paid? Thoughts?

I believe you for sure! Have you heard anything else since then?

Has anyone else experienced a cancelled cruise because of a charter? How does NCL usually handle it? Like, are we offered alternate dates or are we just refunded everything we've paid? Thoughts?

She said it may be tomorrow that she get back in touch but did say they would usually give you the option to switch dates/ships or a full refund I'm trying to get her to keep my airfare and cancel the cruise so I can cruise with princess but keep my airfare because it's gone up since I booked

She said it may be tomorrow that she get back in touch but did say they would usually give you the option to switch dates/ships or a full refund I'm trying to get her to keep my airfare and cancel the cruise so I can cruise with princess but keep my airfare because it's gone up since I booked

Hopefully they will help you out so you don't have to pay more. Sorry you won't be on the Escape. Hope your kids aren't too disappointed. My daughter would be crushed if she couldn't do that waterslide :(

I'd be ok if they offered to switch us to the next sailing. We haven't purchased airfare yet.

I was sure that this was going to be the case...a charter..We will find out info about the charter in few days..There was no way the ship was sold out since the day the sailing disappeared there were almost half of the ship staterooms available

Hey guys,

Any update on this? My family and I are booked on the 11/5 sailing of the Escape and after reading all of these posts I am a bit nervous now.

I called NCL and they informed me it was not a charter, but instead that it was just sold out, which makes zero sense.

They also did say if it was a charter they guarantee they would not cancel my reservation. Anyone have history with this?

We had booked our flights already as well from Boston, MA so if they change us hoping they at least cover our change fees.

Any word on when we should get information? I know some posts said a few days, was not sure if anyone had any updated info.

Thanks everyone,

Vic

Here's the latest I've been told as of Friday afternoon. I put in a call to the travel agent who booked my cruise. He said he saw all the red flags I did, not being able to book, etc., but also he could see on my reservation that no money was due and there was no date for payment due. Wrong... I owed money. So, he called NCL and they gave him the same song and dance about oh it's sold out. He didn't take that for an answer. He got someone on the phone who is more on the top of the NCL food chain. She said the cruise is on what's called a freeze, in other words, no more bookings. They are working out the contract for a full charter. It has not been signed yet. So, that's where we are now.... waiting to hear from NCL about what they are offering us.

Very helpful information thank you! We should try and keep each other updated pertaining to what happens with this and what is offered.

This is not the end of the world was hoping I could just switch to the 11/6 Getaway sailing and change my return flight (assuming they cover change fees).

I guess we will see.

Thanks again,

Vic

Here's the latest I've been told as of Friday afternoon. I put in a call to the travel agent who booked my cruise. He said he saw all the red flags I did, not being able to book, etc., but also he could see on my reservation that no money was due and there was no date for payment due. Wrong... I owed money. So, he called NCL and they gave him the same song and dance about oh it's sold out. He didn't take that for an answer. He got someone on the phone who is more on the top of the NCL food chain. She said the cruise is on what's called a freeze, in other words, no more bookings. They are working out the contract for a full charter. It has not been signed yet. So, that's where we are now.... waiting to hear from NCL about what they are offering us.