New Meet and Mingles

I've been reading some reviews on another site where people are stating over 100-125 people signed up but only 20 people actually showed up

A lot of people are also unaware of the date n time the meet and greet is as it's just posted in the fun times

So far no email to me or many others in our group and last time I looked we had 108 signed up. We sail on Saturday. Many may think if they don't get an email they don't have a meet n mingle.

We sail Saturday too, and no email but i will be scanning the fun times and I will likely ask.

I agree if they don't email everyone the date and time it's never gonna work

I always signed up for them through Celebrity and NEVER was I given a date and time via email before the cruise because that's impossible for them to know. It will depend on what activities are going on around the ship and what venue they will be using. The ED/CD will need to determine that on an individual sailing basis.

Keep checking the FunTimes. Bonus if you get an invitation in your mailbox on the ship.

Edited by firemanbobswife

On our RCI cruise, we had an actual invitation delivered to our room the day before our m&g. If Carnival wants to do it via the Fun Times, that's OK with me.

I keep having this vision in my head of Hog Rider attending a m&g on his next cruise - and John Heald is hosting. Fun times...

I always signed up for them through Celebrity and NEVER was I given a date and time via email before the cruise because that's impossible for them to know. It will depend on what activities are going on around the ship and what venue they will be using. The ED/CD will need to determine that on an individual sailing basis.

Keep checking the FunTimes. Bonus if you get an invitation in your mailbox on the ship.

It would be easy to pick a day and time and pencil it in. If there is not one on that cruise, just put something else in that slot. I think they are just not really into it.

It will quietly die out just like the 18_20 groups did, citing no interest.

It would be easy to pick a day and time and pencil it in. If there is not one on that cruise, just put something else in that slot. I think they are just not really into it.

It will quietly die out just like the 18_20 groups did, citing no interest.

You can't "pencil" something in ahead and then have it change once onboard. Do people really need more confusion? I can just see it now, all the people whining and complaining that they were told one thing, and then not getting another notification it was changed. The threads on here and lines at GS would be insane. Why guess at something? Shouldn't it be done right the first time?

Even Celebrity had it in different places, at different times, and even on different days. Sailings change from week to week. Not one time on Celebrity, who seem to have their stuff together for the most part, was anyone told pre cruise when and where it would be. Everyone needs to chill and let it roll out before having a stroke.

Edited by firemanbobswife

On our RCI cruise, we had an actual invitation delivered to our room the day before our m&g. If Carnival wants to do it via the Fun Times, that's OK with me.

I keep having this vision in my head of Hog Rider attending a m&g on his next cruise - and John Heald is hosting. Fun times...

One problem with that, hoggy being on a Carnival ship.

I went to the Meet and Mingle. out of 167 that signed up, only about 20 people were there. It was listed in the Fun Times but no one saw it. On other cruises I've been on, we had an invitation delivered to our cabin.

Also they had juice, coffee and Danish. No representatives or crew showed up. It was just us sitting around for a few minutes and we left. On other cruises, they had a representative from the ship and gave out raffle tickets and prizes. Here nothing was really done.

I went to the Meet and Mingle. out of 167 that signed up, only about 20 people were there. It was listed in the Fun Times but no one saw it. On other cruises I've been on, we had an invitation delivered to our cabin.

Also they had juice, coffee and Danish. No representatives or crew showed up. It was just us sitting around for a few minutes and we left. On other cruises, they had a representative from the ship and gave out raffle tickets and prizes. Here nothing was really done.

Thanks for reporting back. Hopefully the admins here will see how Carnival is handling the M&Ms and maybe get them to put some effort into it. And CC people need to be informed and made aware that the only indication of the get together time/location will be in the Fun Times. I think Carnival will shut these down with such low attendance. Makes you wonder how sincere they were in offering to do these....

You can't "pencil" something in ahead and then have it change once onboard. Do people really need more confusion? I can just see it now, all the people whining and complaining that they were told one thing, and then not getting another notification it was changed. The threads on here and lines at GS would be insane. Why guess at something? Shouldn't it be done right the first time?

Even Celebrity had it in different places, at different times, and even on different days. Sailings change from week to week. Not one time on Celebrity, who seem to have their stuff together for the most part, was anyone told pre cruise when and where it would be. Everyone needs to chill and let it roll out before having a stroke.

I would imagine they would know before you boarded, but ok, I am wrong.

I still say designed to fail.

Carnival will provide your Meet & Mingle when 25 or more members have registered on Cruise Critic. You'll receive notification once a party is confirmed both via email; the date, time and place will be announced in the Carnival Fun Times the evening before the party.

Hi there

Just to get this out there... there have been enough meet & and greets where people on the roll calls say they will be there and nobody shows. I can remember at least three when my wife and myself were the only ones there and many more when there were only two or three more couples (which was fine).Everybody knew the place and time.

If this doesn't work it's not a Carnival issue, it's the people. The people on your roll call. A lot of cc members don't bother to join their roll call... that's fine. I hope they aren't the ones that are determining that this initiative is doomed to failure. You know nobody is forcing you to participate in the Carnival meet. You can still organize your own party with your roll call.

Through the initiative of some cc members we have had many great get-togethers , it's just hit or miss. We have had some when many senior officers showed up and others with none. It doesn't matter, it's our party.

Have a great cruise

Carnival will provide your Meet & Mingle when 25 or more members have registered on Cruise Critic. You'll receive notification once a party is confirmed both via email; the date, time and place will be announced in the Carnival Fun Times the evening before the party.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. You say Carnival will provide a Meet and Mingle when 25 or more have registered on Cruise Critic, meaning joined their roll-call? I'm not sure what you mean by register? And how will Carnival know email address for people on our roll-call?

I have a group traveling together of 20 on our Valor cruise and I've contacted group dept for a room to hold our roll-call meet and mingle. For neither group have we been contacted by Carnival w an email for meet and mingle they have put together. Btw we sail July 29th if this helps.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. You say Carnival will provide a Meet and Mingle when 25 or more have registered on Cruise Critic, meaning joined their roll-call? I'm not sure what you mean by register? And how will Carnival know email address for people on our roll-call?

I have a group traveling together of 20 on our Valor cruise and I've contacted group dept for a room to hold our roll-call meet and mingle. For neither group have we been contacted by Carnival w an email for meet and mingle they have put together. Btw we sail July 29th if this helps.

No, this has nothing to do with Roll Calls. Cruise Critic has teamed up with Carnival to provide sponsored Meet & Mingles. You sign up via Cruise Critic here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=8