Balcony Smokers on Allure

I don't know ... Maybe ..ImageUploadedByForums1461642530.211295.jpg.7870e6c292be5f2d57172fd0e2723d9b.jpg

But seriously, wife and I have up smoking years ago. Yet 2nd hand smoke does not bother us. Not sure why I'm fighting so hard, except that I fret what the PC class will come after next.

Edited by nealstuber

Oh my goodness. Why doesn't everyone just go on their cruise and enjoy and have a good time. Standing on the dock and counting how many smokers there are? Taking pictures and sending them to corporate? Please take pics of the chair hogs, line cutters, elevator rudeness, dining room attire ....on and on. I have better things to do on my vacation....MUCH better things. If you learn to mind your own business, you will have a much better time. Why does one care about what the other one is doing????? HAVE FUN.

NO.....I am not a smoker....but I am not going to stand on the dock and take inventory as to how many people are smoking.

Line cutters and chair hogs aren't real causes of catastrophic and potentially fatal fires on board. I guess you can enjoy your non-hogged pool chair while everyone else is getting in the life boats.

Line cutters and chair hogs aren't real causes of catastrophic and potentially fatal fires on board.

Nobody said they were. The majority that are against smoking on a cruise ship are more concerned about how smoke or smokers annoy them. When a non smoker passes through a smoking section, they either cover their nose or wave their hands around.....they don't pick up a fire extinguisher:D

Over 20 million passengers cruise per year.......balcony smoking was only stopped a few years ago and people are still citing a 2006 fire as absolute proof that smokers are the fire hazard. The rest of the fires reported in the years since have all been galley or engine fires. I wish people would simply admit that they hate cigarette smoke and be done with it.

The smokers that are belligerant when asked to stop smoking on a neighboring balcony are just foul mouthed jerks which is very common today, and, they would be the same foul mouthed jerks even if they didn't smoke. The underdressed idiots spewing their f's left and right because they can't put a complete sentence together impact my enjoyment but no one cares because, good for them,.....at least they're not smoking. ;)

Too many "Busy-Bodies".

Are we know resorting to "Telling"?

Absolutely. If that’s what it takes.

That's exactly what the OP was -- he went crying down to the desk with a pic on his phone of someone smoking .. that's a tattletale (a nicer word than the other one I have in mind .... )

And how very grand of you to "welcome someone to go and sail a cruise line that meets their requirements" ... who are you that you speak on behalf of the entire cruise line?

Y'all must have been bullies in school also. Still trying to bully others into doing what you want them to by name calling and intimidation. You two are not the only ones in this thread, but I didn’t feel like quoting them all. They know who they are. Must be very miserable people and probably the first ones to start a fight. You need to put your big boy pants on, grow up and act like a decent human being. Calling people names for doing something they have every right to do is very pathetic and shows your true colors. Not very pretty. It is the smokers that do not have the right to smoke on their balconies because it is against the rules SO JUST DEAL WITH IT OR GO TO A DESIGNATED AREA LIKE YOUR SUPPOSED TO AND JUST SMOKE YOURSELF TO DEATH. :rolleyes:

If you want to smoke anywhere you wish, buy or rent your own yacht. That way, you make up your own rules and smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette.

But, if you choose to cruise with others, you must follow the rules of the cruise line. In this case, NO SMOKING ON BALCONIES OR CABINS. The same rule applies to us all. So, if I see someone break that rule, I will notify guest services immediately. I love being a "tattletale,"

on anyone who is so crass and selfish that they put their own pleasure (or habit) above the health and safety of their fellow passengers.

Tattletale and Proud of It!

Shaco

Good for you for standing up for yourself. I have done it before myself and got immediate results.

I have every right to enjoy my balcony without smoke. I do not cruise on ships that allow smoking on balconies. I cruise on ships that don’t allow it, therefore I don’t expect to be smelling smoke while out there. The smokers have every right to smoke in designated smoking areas, but not their balconies. I avoid these places. If I have to go thru I don’t complain, I just walk as fast as I can. My guess is that most smokers don’t even realize how bad they reek. :eek:

Just curious, but for the ones that informed GS about balcony smokers did you just do it once, couple of times or did you keep on them until something was done? I am only asking because when I called GS it was taken care of right away. If it was not dealt with in a very reasonable amount of time I guarantee that I would have been on them until it was taken care of. So I am wondering if what happened to Gambee is very common? I personally think he is to nice and probably didn’t make much of a stink about it, at least not like I would have. :D

As long as enough people complain they will start enforcing the rules.

If you have better things to do than monitor others, why did you bother to post and "monitor" the OP?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You are questioning him monitoring others while you are monitoring him? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

I see it differently. If someone has no authority to enforce a rule, bringing it up is going to get the "eff off buddy" response. Then when you escalate to those who are authorized to handling it you get the person who was in the wrong retaliating. I think people that break rules they know about aren't going to stop just because another guest asks them to, no matter how politely. Better to avoid any possibility of a belligerent response and just let the company handle it. After all, that is what you have paid them thousands of dollars for, a vacation experience and if there is an issue the right thing is to let them know so they can correct it.

that's a pretty pessimistic view of the world if you think every conversation with every smoker ends up with you hearing the words eff you.........then again.......maybe it's not everyone else but your charming personality that causes you to expect to hear those words. just like you could have said thanks for finally answering my question that no one else did. ;)

either way, you can see it anyway you want and do whatever you choose and live with the consequences of your actions, whatever they may be. :)

Edited by Computer Nerd

for now, but I wouldn't count on that for too long

thanks for providing support as to why many smokers think non-smokers are like activists coming to attack them again. unless you're from the future you have no factual data to support your theory. you might as well say the sky is blue but pretty soon it's going to be green. you're acting like this is a war and you're gearing up for the next battle fresh off a victory over the balconies. :rolleyes:

btw, since you obviously couldn't see the :D emoticon......i'll spell it out for you.....it was a joke......jeez. :rolleyes:

Edited by Computer Nerd

Nope, just keep right on walking by. Plenty of public places I can be. It is of no impact to me.

But, okay, if no smokers are saying I have to compromise my time, guess I won't. :cool:

so what's the difference if a smoker smokes on the balcony when you're not out there :confused: it would have no impact on you.

I'm a smoker who always booked a balcony so I could smoke on it. I know that it is no longer allowed. I booked a cruise knowing this. I have researched where the smoking areas are. I will get up in the morning, find a cup of coffee and a smoking area. Not the same as being on my balcony but I knew this going in. Any smoker booking a cruise knows the rules - either follow them or be prepared for the consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A shining beacon of hope in a dark world of depression.

Line cutters and chair hogs aren't real causes of catastrophic and potentially fatal fires on board. I guess you can enjoy your non-hogged pool chair while everyone else is getting in the life boats.

Is smoking allowed on the Lifeboat? :eek:

Earlier in the thread.......lol. You probably have close to 50 postings on this thread. Do you have anything new to add? You just keep repeating yourself over and over again. I enjoy hearing various different opinions on the topic, but you keep spewing the same thing. Go have a cigarette and watch the nightly news. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lol.

In all fairness LMaxwell stated his position and the school yard bullies tried to pummel him into submission. As a side note, at the time of your post he had 40 posts defending his position. You had 18 emboldened posts ridiculing others. Food for thought.

that's a pretty pessimistic view of the world if you think every conversation with every smoker ends up with you hearing the words eff you.........then again.......maybe it's not everyone else but your charming personality that causes you to expect to hear those words. just like you could have said thanks for finally answering my question that no one else did. ;)

either way, you can see it anyway you want and do whatever you choose and live with the consequences of your actions, whatever they may be. :)

First and Ten, I mean Computer Nerd, sorry, hard to tell y'all apart, the consequences of my actions will be a smoke free balcony experience.

Have a good day.

In all fairness LMaxwell stated his position and the school yard bullies tried to pummel him into submission. As a side note, at the time of your post he had 40 posts defending his position. You had 18 emboldened posts ridiculing others. Food for thought.

The smokers want the chance to negotiate and schedule time with me; won't happen. I don't necessarily want any punitive consequences such as fines or being put off the ship, just a smoke free balcony.

I think people who have displayed actions like a handful in here are not people that would be agreeable to a simple request to please stop and could become very problematic, so why gamble on which one would go off like a bottle rocket when asked?

Not my circus, not my monkeys the old saying goes. RCI's problem. They can handle it.

I hope in your loud general announcement you will be all over the people who mishandle the tongs on the buffet line too :D

Having been on the recent Anthem cruise affected by the Noro virus. I do use misuse of the tongs and putting your hands to your mouth in the buffet line as a teachable moment.

Pummeled into submission? A little too dramatic. Like I said, I have zero issue with anyone stating their opinion/position. But saying the same thing over and over 40/50 times is just unnecessary. I see why that poster has over 10,000 posts.

Sorry, I don't believe that I ridiculed anyone. Their was one poster from Canada that I asked a few direct questions regarding what he/she wrote. I haven't resorted to name calling and juvenile responses of that nature.

I have no problem with anyone smoking on their balcony, it doesn't bother me. But I won't say that 49 more times. I don't feel the need to force feed my opinion on anyone.

Pummeled into submission? A little too dramatic. Like I said, I have zero issue with anyone stating their opinion/position. But saying the same thing over and over 40/50 times is just unnecessary. I see why that poster has over 10,000 posts.

Sorry, I don't believe that I ridiculed anyone. Their was one poster from Canada that I asked a few direct questions regarding what he/she wrote. I haven't resorted to name calling and juvenile responses of that nature.

I have no problem with anyone smoking on their balcony, it doesn't bother me. But I won't say that 49 more times. I don't feel the need to force feed my opinion on anyone.

Don't back pedal so hard, you'll sprain your ankle.

The smokers want the chance to negotiate and schedule time with me; won't happen. I don't necessarily want any punitive consequences such as fines or being put off the ship, just a smoke free balcony.

I think people who have displayed actions like a handful in here are not people that would be agreeable to a simple request to please stop and could become very problematic, so why gamble on which one would go off like a bottle rocket when asked?

Not my circus, not my monkeys the old saying goes. RCI's problem. They can handle it.

*two thumbs up*

Your prior posts speak for themselves on your intent.

For years airlines had a smoking section on planes. Now smoking is banned completely. Cruise lines will be next to ban smoking completely and confiscate, by security at check in, smuggled cigarettes. Smokers will adjust and these threads will be unnecessary. Win, win situation.

........ just like you could have said thanks for finally answering my question that no one else did. ;).......

So he should say thanks to you when he answered your question? :rolleyes: Shouldn't it be you?

politeness/courtesy/love of your fellow man............

Where is the "politeness/courtesy/love of your fellow man......" from the smokers who are breaking the rules and impacting my enjoyment and health???

smoking-baby.gif

Edited by ReneeFLL

Having been on the recent Anthem cruise affected by the Noro virus. I do use misuse of the tongs and putting your hands to your mouth in the buffet line as a teachable moment.

Thank you for speaking up. Better to speak up, than have a lot of people very sick.

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

I'm a smoker who always booked a balcony so I could smoke on it. I know that it is no longer allowed. I booked a cruise knowing this. I have researched where the smoking areas are. I will get up in the morning, find a cup of coffee and a smoking area. Not the same as being on my balcony but I knew this going in. Any smoker booking a cruise knows the rules - either follow them or be prepared for the consequences.

A shining beacon of hope in a dark world of depression.

This. :)

Thank you Pookill17 for being a nice person.

Edited by ReneeFLL