Changing from inside to OV or Veranda

Jiminy1955

We booked our cruise last month & decided on an inside cabin on the Equinox in March 2017. We have since decided it would be an overall better deal if we changed from the inside to a veranda. Will Celebrity let us do that or is the "go better" for new bookings only?

We booked our cruise last month & decided on an inside cabin on the Equinox in March 2017. We have since decided it would be an overall better deal if we changed from the inside to a veranda. Will Celebrity let us do that or is the "go better" for new bookings only?
You certainly should be able to do that, at the price they are currently charging for the category you want.

Just call them, (or if you booked with a travel agent, call your TA).

Since you are in the USA and it is well before the final payment date, they would have no reason to refuse as you could easily cancel, get your full deposit refunded, and rebook.

If you booked with a TA though, the TA may or may not charge you a change fee.

If you booked directly with Celebrity, there will be no change fee.

Thank you both! I booked on Celebrity's web site. Tried to call them earlier today but they were already closed. I will be calling them Monday morning!

If there is a particular veranda cabin available right now that you really want, it would be a good idea to put a temporary hold on it in the meantime.

But if you are just going to book a veranda guarantee, it wouldn't matter.

Celebrity reservations and Captain's Club should be open on Sunday, if you don't want to wait until Monday to call them.

Since you booked your original reservation on the website, you should even be able to book the new reservation the same way and cancel the old reservation yourself.

The CANCEL RESERVATION option should be available on your reservation right in your My Celebrity account.

So it would not even be necessary to call them.

But if you do it that way, you would need to put a new deposit down on the new reservation and they would refund your previous deposit after you cancel,

whereas if you call them and have them do it, they can just transfer your original deposit from the old reservation to the new one.

Just in case you are not already a member of the Captain's Club, it would be a good idea to enroll over the phone when you talk to them. They can also handle the transfer from inside cabin to veranda for you.

The Captain's Club toll free number is 1-800-760-0654

It doesn't cost anything to join, and if you are already a member of RCCL's loyalty program, depending on your level you may even qualify for the reciprocal level in Celebrity's Captain's Club.

Edited by varoo

If there is a particular veranda cabin available right now that you really want, it would be a good idea to put a temporary hold on it in the meantime.

But if you are just going to book a veranda guarantee, it wouldn't matter.

Celebrity reservations and Captain's Club should be open on Sunday, if you don't want to wait until Monday to call them.

Since you booked your original reservation on the website, you should even be able to book the new reservation the same way and cancel the old reservation yourself.

The CANCEL RESERVATION option should be available on your reservation right in your My Celebrity account.

So it would not even be necessary to call them.

But if you do it that way, you would need to put a new deposit down on the new reservation and they would refund your previous deposit after you cancel,

whereas if you call them and have them do it, they can just transfer your original deposit from the old reservation to the new one.

Just in case you are not already a member of the Captain's Club, it would be a good idea to enroll over the phone when you talk to them. They can also handle the transfer from inside cabin to veranda for you.

The Captain's Club toll free number is 1-800-760-0654

It doesn't cost anything to join, and if you are already a member of RCCL's loyalty program, depending on your level you may even qualify for the reciprocal level in Celebrity's Captain's Club.

Thank you so much. I enrolled in Captain's Club but I need to tell them I'm in RCCL's loyalty club. I will definitely call them Sunday!!

We are now in a veranda cabin 7209 instead of inside cabin 8184 with $300 OBC and the classic drink package!!! We will use our OBC to upgrade to the premium drink package. The overall price difference (we were going to purchase the premium drink package) is about $150. I spent less than 15 minutes on the phone to make the change! Corrine @ Celebrity was great! I am a happy cruiser :D:D:D:D

Just trying to be helpful.... 7209 is a 2A cabin. Was it the lowest price non-obstructed cabin category when you called? I ask because the categories on Equinox balconies are: 2D-obstructed, 2C-partly obstructed, 2B and then 2A. Did you book a balcony guarantee? If not, do a mock booking and see if a 2B cabin might be less. And at any rate, see if you could change your cabin to one on the hump. Those are 2As as well and would be the same price on Deck 7 and would have much better views than on the indent where you currently are. Check deck plans if its hard to understand what I'm saying.

Just trying to be helpful.... 7209 is a 2A cabin. Was it the lowest price non-obstructed cabin category when you called? I ask because the categories on Equinox balconies are: 2D-obstructed, 2C-partly obstructed, 2B and then 2A. Did you book a balcony guarantee? If not, do a mock booking and see if a 2B cabin might be less. And at any rate, see if you could change your cabin to one on the hump. Those are 2As as well and would be the same price on Deck 7 and would have much better views than on the indent where you currently are. Check deck plans if its hard to understand what I'm saying.

Thank you for the suggestions. I did look at all of that, there were none available on the hump but I plan to keep checking. I did not want to book a guarantee because I don't like not knowing until we get to port to learn our cabin number. I did look at the 2C & 2D and determined they were blocked or at least partially. We were either going to book a 2A or 1C. So the 2A worked out well for us. :)