Coastal Kitchen Menus?

Looks great.

When you cruise with CK available to you, how often do you typically have dinner there? Do you have it replace the dining room for you, and then do you alternate with specialty restaurants? Or do you do a variety of everything?

When we sailed on Celebrity, we didn't have a choice. Luminae was our assigned dining room. If we wanted, we could also order from the MDR menu in Luminae.

For our upcoming Harmony cruise, I wasn't sure what to do, so I've made CK reservations beginning the first evening, and then every other, alternating with MTD in the MDR.

Looks great.

When you cruise with CK available to you, how often do you typically have dinner there? Do you have it replace the dining room for you, and then do you alternate with specialty restaurants? Or do you do a variety of everything?....

When we were on Oasis, we did the variety route. CK twice, MDR once, Solarium Bistro twice, WJ twice.

On Ovation, we had Dynamic Dining and ate at The Grande, then Silk then Coastal Kitchen - which we enjoyed so much we continued there for the remainder of our 5 night cruise.

We had 3 CK menus for the 5 days which they rotated 1,2,3,1,2 but they may do things differently on the Harmony.

It was our first time in CK and we really enjoyed the food, service and general ambience there. We're on Harmony next month for its maiden 4-nighter but alas, not in a suite and so no CK for us this time.

When we were on Oasis, we did the variety route. CK twice, MDR once, Solarium Bistro twice, WJ twice.

I really need to do some Oasis Class restaurant research. I didn't realize Solarium Bistro was a dinner option.

Looks great.

When you cruise with CK available to you, how often do you typically have dinner there? Do you have it replace the dining room for you, and then do you alternate with specialty restaurants? Or do you do a variety of everything?

When we sailed on Celebrity, we didn't have a choice. Luminae was our assigned dining room. If we wanted, we could also order from the MDR menu in Luminae.

For our upcoming Harmony cruise, I wasn't sure what to do, so I've made CK reservations beginning the first evening, and then every other, alternating with MTD in the MDR.

Last week on Allure we ate at MDR three times, CK twice, and Chops and Giovanni's once each. It was nice to have some variety, but we met Pinnacle cruisers who ate at CK every night (they had "been there, done that" with the other restaurants and prefer CK). The first night we ate at CK (7:30ish) it was a perfect meal. The second night (8:00ish on Day 7) it was very, very noisy. There were several large groups enjoying their last night at sea, and the space is not acoustically ideal for a quiet environment.

I really need to do some Oasis Class restaurant research. I didn't realize Solarium Bistro was a dinner option.

It's an interesting menu, and the regular price was $20 on our cruise, which they discounted to $15. Here is the menu:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/solariumbistro.pdf

Note that this restaurant does not exist on Allure, where there is a Samba Grill in the same location.

Thanks, Bob. I had no idea! This looks really great.

I did the alternating CK and MDR just so we'll have at least something scheduled. As far as specialty restaurants, with this cruise still being 6 months out, I have no idea what we're going to want to do yet. I'm pretty sure we'd like to try Wonderland, and the one on Central Park; is it Central Park 150? We have no specialty reservations yet though, except for CK.

Thanks, Bob. I had no idea! This looks really great.

I did the alternating CK and MDR just so we'll have at least something scheduled. As far as specialty restaurants, with this cruise still being 6 months out, I have no idea what we're going to want to do yet. I'm pretty sure we'd like to try Wonderland, and the one on Central Park; is it Central Park 150? We have no specialty reservations yet though, except for CK.

The restaurant is called "150 Central Park".

The restaurant is called "150 Central Park".

Some good friends were on Oasis a few months ago, and they highly recommend having dinner there. I can't remember the last time we pre-booked a specialty restaurant online. Since it's just the two of us sailing most of the time now, we really haven't had trouble getting in anywhere. Sometimes we ask the concierge to make a reservation, but even when we've done it on our own, it's never been a problem.

Those Menus are no longer valid for Anthem and would hope CK on other ships now have the new and improved 7 nightly menus for CK

I was on the Oasis 4/9 sailing and they still only have the two menus. They switch on day 5. There was a rumor on Oasis last fall that they were switching to nightly menus after the new year began. Unfortunately it did not happen. A great experience in Coastal Kitchen would be made even better with more variety in the menus.

I was on the Oasis 4/9 sailing and they still only have the two menus. They switch on day 5. There was a rumor on Oasis last fall that they were switching to nightly menus after the new year began. Unfortunately it did not happen. A great experience in Coastal Kitchen would be made even better with more variety in the menus.

Thank you for the update:)