Suggestions on Dec. 3 S. Caribbean cruise

Hi there! My hubs and I are going on a southern Caribbean cruise out of Puerto Rico on December 3. We will be going to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. John, St. Lucia, and Barbados. What do you guys recommend in these ports--more specifically, St. Maarten, as we are opting out of an excursion there?

Anyone else on this cruise? Holler! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there! My hubs and I are going on a southern Caribbean cruise out of Puerto Rico on December 3. We will be going to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. John, St. Lucia, and Barbados. What do you guys recommend in these ports--more specifically, St. Maarten, as we are opting out of an excursion there?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The Ports of Call forums are a great place to start:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

And your Roll Call is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2314139

Talk to others on your cruise.

Here are my recommendations based on tours we have done:

St. Maarten - we were very happy with a full island tour with beach time with Bernard's tours, booked independently. If you don't want a full island tour, just off the pier there will be taxi drivers waiting. Have one take you to Maho a Beach and/or the Sunset Grill to watch the planes land right overhead. Bernard's will include Orient Beach in their tour which is beautiful.

St. Kitts - highly recommend Thenford Grey's grand island tour with beach time, again booked independently.

St. Lucia - we recently did Joy's Adventure which was spectacular. Again, booked independently.

In Barbados, we took a taxi to Harbor Lights beach Club. Others have also liked The Boatyard.

You can also check out my video which will give you some ideas.

https://youtube/HU4RlbAaXMc

Enjoy your cruise!

Mark