Carnival Spirit : April 2016

Hey All - i know specific's can be hard to find on here, i have just got off a 10night Sth Pacific Cruise on Sprit : Lifou - Mare - Mystery - Noumea.

Happy to Answer any questions, i will post a few things that people seemed to be interested in over the last few weeks.

Ā 

Sushi Menu : AMAZING ! ! ! ! Good Size Meal for like 15$

/Users/YanandMatsMac/Desktop/DSCF3096.jpg

/Users/YanandMatsMac/Desktop/DSCF3097.jpg

/Users/YanandMatsMac/Desktop/DSCF3095.jpg

Ā 

On Board Internet : Speeds Varied, good to see Carnival Have adapted from the old 65c/min to some Decent Value Plans

/Users/YanandMatsMac/Desktop/IMG_0525.jpg

/Users/YanandMatsMac/Desktop/IMG_0526.jpg

Ā 

Bar Prices : This is the Sports Bar Menu - Prices are same at all bars

/Users/YanandMatsMac/Desktop/IMG_0484.jpg

/Users/YanandMatsMac/Desktop/IMG_0485.jpg

Ā 

That Was 3rd Cruise on Sprirt Thru the Sth Pacific so have done a variety of different Tours.

The Lifou Marine Reserve has been reduced to 100 people for each session - This sold out in 1 1/2 hours on this cruise - we tried at 3pm and had no luck :(

Ā 

Happy to answer any questions

Ā 

Happy Cruising :)

Duty free alcohol

All 1L bottles

X2 jack danniels : 75$

Grey Goose : 50$ a bottle

Ā 

Watches : 30-75% off

Swarovski Jewlery 40% off

Guess handbags : 40% off

Ā 

Fragrences - cheaper at chemist warehouse

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for that!!!

Ā 

I do have one question...I know food is 'unlimited' on cruise ships...but is it frowned upon to go to two establishments, like if we go to the dining room for dinner but the 4 and 6 year olds are turds that night and turn there noses up at everything can we then swing by the buffet to make them eat something? I just wondered if you get marked off or something making double dipping of meals a no-no?

Thanks for that!!!

Ā 

I do have one question...I know food is 'unlimited' on cruise ships...but is it frowned upon to go to two establishments, like if we go to the dining room for dinner but the 4 and 6 year olds are turds that night and turn there noses up at everything can we then swing by the buffet to make them eat something? I just wondered if you get marked off or something making double dipping of meals a no-no?

Ā 

Absolutely no mark against you, eat as much as you want! You can eat six appetizers, four main meals, eight desserts if you like, then head to the buffet, then get a pizza, then get an ice cream ... !

Ā 

In fact on our last cruise the Cruise Director kept insisting we eat, eat, eat. Due to quarantine laws, once the ship has left Sydney absolutely no food can be taken off the ship upon return, so if you don't eat it, it goes to waste (it gets turned into sausage for the sharks).

Ā 

So eat up, that's the fun of cruising. One thing I love especially about the order whatever you want in the MDR, is being able to try new things that I wouldn't normally try. And if I don't like it, no problem, I can just ask for something else. I would often get two appetizers, a market salad and something else. We also often picked extra sides for our main, like mashed potato .

Edited by Tigerlily75

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Ā 

I do have a specific question. I keep reading that there is only one power outlet in the cabin and have also read that it is in a difficult position for usage.. Can you give me some idea of where it is positioned, what is obstructing it- top, bottom or to the side. As there is only one power outlet I intend on only taking one USB charger to put into the power outlet ( no point taking more if you can only use one at a time), but want to make sure the one I take will plug in easy enough and be able to access where the USB cord needs to plug in. E.g. One of my chargers extends down and the connection point is underneath it. Another is fairly square on but access on the left side.

Ā 

If you have any specific help on this that would be fab! šŸ˜€