Summit Bistro on Five

CruisersTimesThree

I see that people are posting that the menu in Bistro on Five (at least on the Summit) has once again changed and seems more like the original menu when this venue first opened.

The Celebrity website shows a menu that I believe is the last change and may not be what is offered now.

Can anyone who has been on a recent cruise, or someone who is sailing in the near future post a menu here on CC?

The reports are that the daily specials are gone and there are more crepes/paninni's to chose from.

I hope that's true, as I was a big fan of the original menu and hope that Bistro is still onboard when I sail the Summit in August.

The thought that it might change to a sushi place has me really disappointed!

I see that people are posting that the menu in Bistro on Five (at least on the Summit) has once again changed and seems more like the original menu when this venue first opened.

The Celebrity website shows a menu that I believe is the last change and may not be what is offered now.

Can anyone who has been on a recent cruise, or someone who is sailing in the near future post a menu here on CC?

The reports are that the daily specials are gone and there are more crepes/paninni's to chose from.

I hope that's true, as I was a big fan of the original menu and hope that Bistro is still onboard when I sail the Summit in August.

The thought that it might change to a sushi place has me really disappointed!

Hi CruisersTimesThree,

I just got off the Summit on April 16th and we had lunch in the Bistro one day. I don't have a copy of the menu, but as I recall, they have scaled back to menu to include salads, soup, Panini's and crepes. We really enjoyed our lunch and we too are hopeful that it doesn't become a sushi restaurant.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so much for your reply fninsn!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is still the same when I board!

Maybe at some point someone can post the current menu.

The daily specials are now gone, and where they had previously been on the menu there is a list of daily soups. I received a photo of the menu from my friends who are currently on the Summit for the re positioning cruise.

Other than that the menu looked the same or similar as it was in October 2015.

I used to love some of the daily specials....especially the lamb chops.....

I had lunch today at Bistro on 5 on Summit and the burger is not on the menu. In my opinion the quality of the food at Bistro on Summit has definitely declined.

Edited by jcpc

We enjoyed the Bistro twice last week, Dian was a wonderful server and the food was awesome, no the burger and other specials some mentioned are not on the menu. Per Captain Kate, the Bistro is not being changed on the Summit. At lunch they get a good group of people, at dinner you they get very few, we enjoyed dinner, Jimmy the crepe chef personally demonstrated crep making and was very proud of his work, they also have a crepe making class once during the week

Thanks everyone on the burger info. Will have to see if they have something else I like there (regretfully, I have plebian tastes).

Try the cowboy crepe. It's not a burger and won't fool you into thinking it is, but if you like burgers you'll probably like it. If not, they'll always bring you something else.

Try the cowboy crepe. It's not a burger and won't fool you into thinking it is, but if you like burgers you'll probably like it. If not, they'll always bring you something else.

Sorry not even close! It was however my favorite crepe. After 5 meals here on the Silhouette this past November and each meal was awesome, the new menu sucks. At least they aren't changing to sushi yet. Those prices are outrageous. I will be amazed if it's a success where they are testing it.

Edited by twin123185

Here is a Bistro on 5 menu from a couple of weeks ago on the Eclipse. The waiter did state it will become a Sushi on 5 soon.

Thanks for posting, but I think this menu is not the same as what is being used on the Summit right now. People are saying that the daily specials are gone and the menu now is very similar to the original Bistro menu.

Hoping someone will post that menu soon.