Agencies

Zoedokey

I know we are not allowed to discuss TAs here, but am I allowed to ask if there are any websites where I can seek out agency reviews. I have a quote that is a bit lower than what others are offering and I am skeptical . I did a goggle search for the name and I did confirm there is company of that name that has been in business a few years, but that's it. Could it just be that this company gives some commission dollars back to get you to book?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Delicately answering your question, yes, there are TAs that offer lower fares and/or additional OBCs because they buy a block of cabins and X gives them price break which the TA passes along to you (some not all, most likely).

In my experience, if you are skeptical, you are probably right to be. There are plenty of reputable TAs that do business like this. I'm sure you will find a good one.

Delicately answering your question, yes, there are TAs that offer lower fares and/or additional OBCs because they buy a block of cabins and X gives them price break which the TA passes along to you (some not all, most likely).

In my experience, if you are skeptical, you are probably right to be. There are plenty of reputable TAs that do business like this. I'm sure you will find a good one.

He did say he had a group on this sailing, so maybe that is it. I will try google again. Thanks.

I can confirm that there are agencies who offer lower prices than those posted by Celebrity. We're sailing in December along with several family members and just recently two more decided to join us. They found an A2 cabin priced $200 per person less than elsewhere (including Celebrity). I would be very suspicious except we've booked through that TA before and know they're on the level. They do a lot of business with Celebrity and have earned the Chairman's Award, Partner Award and Account of the Year from them.

I just checked prices on our cruise, and Holy Wow they are all over the place. A2 is priced the same as 2D (obstructed) and Oceanview category 8. A1 is priced less than 2C (partially obstructed) cabins. There are fluctuations daily and it never hurts to check around.

He said the beverage credit will show on the Celebrity Website within 10 days, but the onboard credit will not. When does an onboard credit generally appear on your account? Is it once on the ship? If I call Celebrity directly will they be able to tell me it is there? Sorry for all the questions, thanks guys.

Agree. Have had the experience with the same TA, twice now. We were pleased with the offerings, but skeptical that we would receive all once onboard. They came through the first time. :)

The second cruise is coming up in 4 weeks. We shall see how they do.:rolleyes: I am thinking of booking a 3rd with them, and possibly switching 2 other cruises to them if they come through for this upcoming cruise.

The one thing that I do not like about dealing with the "big box" agency is that I am rarely able to talk to the same agent. Even with emailing directly to that person with questions, I am sometimes (more likely than not) "pushed" off and handed over to someone else. Same with Celebrity reps and Captains Club.

I do like to talk to the same person. I used to use a TA that I could email day and night and she would answer me right away. She also worked with a large cruise agency, but never seemed to have any discounts. Some other things happened, so I started looking for a new TA.

Someone on this board told me about this "big box" agency and so far I am pleased with the "perks" and discounts we receive from them. As thebutlerdidit mentioned, They do a lot of business with Celebrity and have "earned the Chairman's Award, Partner Award and Account of the Year" from Celebrity. Google is your friend. :)

Edited by Iamthesea