Sanitize your hands..but you can still get Norovirus

oceansandseas

While I don't disagree that noro virus can become "airborne" during vomiting, and can remain suspended in the air, the CDC itself says there is no evidence that noro can be contracted by inhalation. Even the study linked here only discusses whether noro can become airborne to carry to surfaces further away. Those surfaces may be your hands, but if YOU maintain good personal hygiene, and wash your hands before eating, it doesn't matter whether an airborne virus "landed" on your hands or whether you touched a surface that had virus on it.

So, I side with Elaine in saying that the virus can reach your hands from a vomiting incident, but personally, if I'm anywhere near someone who is vomiting, I'm washing my hands quickly. I don't side with navybankerteacher who says you can get noro from inhalation of aerosolized virus.

But would a clip from Doctor Oz change your mind? :D

While I don't disagree that noro virus can become "airborne" during vomiting, and can remain suspended in the air, the CDC itself says there is no evidence that noro can be contracted by inhalation. Even the study linked here only discusses whether noro can become airborne to carry to surfaces further away. Those surfaces may be your hands, but if YOU maintain good personal hygiene, and wash your hands before eating, it doesn't matter whether an airborne virus "landed" on your hands or whether you touched a surface that had virus on it.

So, I side with Elaine in saying that the virus can reach your hands from a vomiting incident, but personally, if I'm anywhere near someone who is vomiting, I'm washing my hands quickly. I don't side with navybankerteacher who says you can get noro from inhalation of aerosolized virus.

:):):):):) You are nicer than me..I run when I hear those rumbles...

Maybe you were just lucky

I am A+ & came down with it last May ...down & out for 2 days

not fun

:( :(

That's tough!

I don't think the research has been proven; it was probably just a statistic... :confused:

I have been the subject of projectile vomiting by young children on many occasions :p but still haven't caught the bug.... time and cruises will tell!