Pacific Princess Downunder 06/07

Kiwi Kruzer

Here is a press release for her next season's cruising in Australia.

Escape to Sea in Style Aboard Pacific Princess

Released: 14 Oct 2005

Australia’s own ‘Love Boat’, the deluxe Pacific Princess, will offer romantics more destinations next year than any other cruise ship sailing from Australia.

Princess Cruises has released a new brochure spanning two seasons of summer cruising aboard Australia’s most luxurious liner during 2005-06 and 2006-07.

The program offers 22 departures from Sydney on the stylish boutique cruise ship from December 18, 2005, to April 11, 2007, including 12 South Pacific cruises, five voyages to New Zealand, two to Queensland, one to Tasmania and two special circumnavigations of Australia.

Itineraries range from eight to 28 nights and embrace 40 different ports – more than any other cruise ship departing from Australia.

Included in the South Pacific program are four extended 13-night itineraries to Fiji and cruises to exotic far-flung ports such as Pentecost Island in Vanuatu – the birthplace of bungy jumping and the postcard beaches of the South Pacific’s newest cruise port, Ouvea, in New Caledonia’s Loyalty Islands.

Highlights include Pacific Princess’ memorable 10-night Christmas cruise sailing on December 18, 2005, and also her exciting 12-night New Year’s cruise departing December 28, 2005. Both cruises will take holidaymakers to New Caledonia and Vanuatu.

The new brochure also offers five circumnavigations of the ‘Land of the Long White Cloud’ as part of Pacific Princess’s ever-popular cruises to New Zealand, with destinations including Milford Sound, Dunedin, Chirstchurch, Picton, Napier, Wellington, Bay of Islands and Auckland.

The two 28-night round-Australia voyages sailing on November 11, 2006, and February 28, 2007, will see the 670-passenger Pacific Princess trace explorer Matthew Flinders’ first voyage around the continent in 1801.

Since pioneering premium cruising in Australia in 2002, Pacific Princess has won a raft of awards and praise from loyal passengers.

“Pacific Princess has clearly met a demand in Australia for a premium but affordable cruise experience from our shores,” said the Managing Director of Princess Cruises in Australia, Gavin Smith.

“Pacific Princess is a beautiful, elegant and spacious ship where passengers can be assured they will be pampered and spoiled in the manner they deserve,” Mr Smith said.

Named after Princess Cruises’ famous but now retired TV Love Boat and tailored for couples, the romantic Pacific Princess boasts four intimate restaurants, eight sumptuous bars and lounges, an indulgent spa sanctuary, a grand Titanic-like staircase, a rich country club ambience, ship-top pool and jacuzzis and private balconies adorning more than two thirds of cabins. A generous ratio of one crew member to every two passengers ensures personal service is available day and night.

Fares for the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons start at $2245 per person for an eight-night Tasmania cruise. The Christmas cruise on December 18, 2005, is available from $2668 per person and the New Year’s cruise on December 28, 2005, is priced from $3404 per person. The 28-night circumnavigations of Australia are available from $7100 per person. Fares are twin share in a complete inside twin cabin and are subject to availability. Conditions apply.

For details, see a travel agent or phone 132 469.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for keeping us informed :)

You are very welcome.

I was just wondering,with cruising starting to pick up in our part of the world now,do you ever see our cruises advertised in your country?

We get Princess (and all others cruise lines),promoted down here and are able to book on them all.We of course have the long flight over to join them,but they are becoming more popular as they offer the chance of cruising on the new ships.

David.

You are very welcome.

I was just wondering,with cruising starting to pick up in our part of the world now,do you ever see our cruises advertised in your country?

We get Princess (and all others cruise lines),promoted down here and are able to book on them all.We of course have the long flight over to join them,but they are becoming more popular as they offer the chance of cruising on the new ships.

David.

Generally, in the past - they have really only advertised Pacific Princess bookings during the 6 months when Princess US has the ship - they have not promoted the ships during the other 6 months. There is a huge blank in our Captain's Circle magazine in the calendar where it says "Ship Returns to P&O Cruises Australia". I don't remember ever receiving any specials when the ship is with P&O. I am assuming these sailings are under P&O.....

I would love to do Australia/New Zealand via cruise ship one of these days!

-Theresa

Generally, in the past - they have really only advertised Pacific Princess bookings during the 6 months when Princess US has the ship - they have not promoted the ships during the other 6 months. There is a huge blank in our Captain's Circle magazine in the calendar where it says "Ship Returns to P&O Cruises Australia". I don't remember ever receiving any specials when the ship is with P&O. I am assuming these sailings are under P&O.....

I would love to do Australia/New Zealand via cruise ship one of these days!

Theresa

During that big blank in your Captains Circle magazine,Pacific Princess cruises up to Noumea,Fiji,Vanuatu ,and the Loyaly Island's.

Fabulous destinations.

Totaly unspoiled islands.....

perhaps what the Carribean was once like?......

Instead of 10 ships every day......

1 ship every 10 or 12 days...if they are lucky.......

But ,and this is what I do not understand.....

whilst with P&O Australia......

the Princess Loyalty programme does not come into play..

It is the same ship ......

I have cruised enough with Princess to qualify as elite

not a CC as I do not live in North America..

but referred to as an International Guest

but when PP is down here ......

P&O dont want to know........

David.

Both P&O Australia and P&O (UK) generally not well advertised/sold in the US, but I have been assured (yeah sure!) by a couple of Future Cruise Consultants on Princess ships that that will change in the future, although no date has been given.

Archived