Anthem Deck 13 Cabins - Anyone have info?

Looking for info on Deck 13 cabins. We are in a balcony cabin.

I was wondering a few things -

1. Is there a lot of morning or evening noise from the pool deck above noticeable in the cabin?

2. Is the overhang on the balcony from above deck a benefit or hindrance?

3. Any pro's or con's from your cruise of deck 13 balcony cabins would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

We are wondering the same thing.

We also have a cabin booked just under "The Living Room" used by the teens.

(Cabin #13246) What should I expect as far as noise? :confused:

Anyone have any past experience from this cabin good / bad? :eek:

Thanks,

bpphoto

PS- As long as I don't get a smoker from my neighbors I guess that will be a major plus!!! UGH!!! :D:D:D

Yes, there was a lot of noise in my cabin, and yes the overhang sort of was annoying.....(mainly since it kept getting in the way of my photos...:eek::D) (Mainly dragging of chairs.....and some other assorted banging and thumping....)

There will be a lot of shade, so that can be good or bad depending on your preference...

I will not book on that deck again...

DSC_0088_zpssyykvodu.jpg

DSC_0089_zpsk8pgb6bh.jpg

DSC_0086_zpsyqpeci3o.jpg

DSC_0093_zpsfmz1fdk1.jpg

Edited by megr1125

Interesting. I had 13662 as well and had virtually no noise from above. I never heard a chair moved for sure. Some music mid day and some particularily loud voices late in the evening. Both only heard while I was on the balcony. No in room noise at all

Interesting. I had 13662 as well and had virtually no noise from above. I never heard a chair moved for sure. Some music mid day and some particularily loud voices late in the evening. Both only heard while I was on the balcony. No in room noise at all

Funny...maybe it was my dumb luck. At least I was really close to windjammer....but yes, I heard lots of noise....maybe you are more tolerant than me, or a more sound sleeper, or just lucky!

We switched to deck 8 because of the overhang and not having just cabins above us. Seeing these pics makes me feel I made the right move.

I prefer being between decks of cabins....there was a method to the madness of why I chose that cabin/deck knowing I hate being under public space, but I forget..

Note to self: no wine or rum while booking! 😮

Yes, there was a lot of noise in my cabin, and yes the overhang sort of was annoying.....(mainly since it kept getting in the way of my photos...:eek::D) (Mainly dragging of chairs.....and some other assorted banging and thumping....)

There will be a lot of shade, so that can be good or bad depending on your preference...

DSC_0088_zpssyykvodu.jpg

DSC_0089_zpsk8pgb6bh.jpg

DSC_0086_zpsyqpeci3o.jpg

DSC_0093_zpsfmz1fdk1.jpg

thank you for the pictures. I have a balcony on deck 13 as well. not really to concerned about the noise. I am a bit disappointed in seeing these pictures as balcony doesn't look as open as some of the other balconies I have had in the past. from the pictures i think royal should have labeled these rooms as obstructed view balconies. I guess I will feel differently once I am on the balcony (at least I hope).

DSC_0088_zpssyykvodu.jpg

DSC_0089_zpsk8pgb6bh.jpg

DSC_0086_zpsyqpeci3o.jpg

DSC_0093_zpsfmz1fdk1.jpg

Just as I thought. Thank you for the pics. My father who has only cruised once booked our family cruise. He booked 4 cabins side by side. The TA told him this would be the best location for our family. Funny how he trusted a TA more than his son who has been on many cruises, as well as gaining valuable information from CC over the years.

The good news is the shade as we have 2 travelers over 70 and 3 children under 10. Might make for a safe outside "sunless" experience. But there goes my sunset, moon and stars pics from the balcony...lol

Appreciate all of the info.

There was a thread on this subject last year. Caused me to switch to a non-obstructed ob on deck 6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2250475&highlight=anthemb-board.

Thanks. I remember reading this, but early reviews and comments were real negative.

Early on it was all about noises and creaking, and bad service and bad food. And if I read another post about the ship movement... well... I dont want to go there.

But recently the reviews and comments seemed to have been better. I was hoping the same for Deck 13 cabins... but I guess not.

Hey, it's a free cruise for me and my family as my dad paid, so... I should not complain about anything and just enjoy the 9 days...:D

I'm in cabin 13206 right now. As photos show there is a large overhang above the balcony. As far as noise goes, I haven't had any problems at night or early morning. During the day, one can hear the pool band and foot traffic from above when out on the balcony. Given the choice I'd go with a lower deck but if nothing else was available or the only other choice was an obstructed balcony I would have no problem with my current location.

Funny...maybe it was my dumb luck. At least I was really close to windjammer....but yes, I heard lots of noise....maybe you are more tolerant than me, or a more sound sleeper, or just lucky!

I'm actually a pretty light sleeper and had to resort to using a white noise app last year on the Quantum when the ship's (not people) noises were keeping me up all night.

We'll be in 13240, these are from a friend of mine who was in 13242.

The view really doesn't look that bad and she told me "no obstruction and no over hang". Maybe it depends where on the deck? These staterooms are sort of on the "bump out" area.

Now, the noise from above may still be an issue, of course.

I'm in cabin 13206 right now. As photos show there is a large overhang above the balcony. As far as noise goes, I haven't had any problems at night or early morning. During the day, one can hear the pool band and foot traffic from above when out on the balcony. Given the choice I'd go with a lower deck but if nothing else was available or the only other choice was an obstructed balcony I would have no problem with my current location.

Hello L,

We are in 13244 in October. Looks like we miss you by about a month. Hope to cruise together again sometime.

R

Hello L,

We are in 13244 in October. Looks like we miss you by about a month. Hope to cruise together again sometime.

R

I hope you'll give us a review after being in 13244 - I've got that same cabin booked in April of 2017. I'm hoping that the living room (above us) won't be bad compared to other public areas, and I"m excited about the overhang (I"m not a fan of too much sun).

FL

Here are a few pictures that show the area where the cabins on Deck 13 don't have an overhang. I put that portion of the deck plan next to one of them; it does seem it starts with the large stateroom (pink) on the one side, through the Spa JS (brown) and then the two balconies next to the last Spa JS (blue). The two balconies next to that probably have a view of the braces and might have an over hang, hard to tell.

After that, the cabins definitely have the braces view and the over hang.

These pics are from Quantum but, same difference!

Capture.jpg.7d237073be8d6fc0aa259ecd5b1422d7.jpg

1932009623_P1020677(640x480).jpg.1c635a2a5e00aa5328a6d746c6381660.jpg

Edited by MrsB05

• 6 months later...
I hope you'll give us a review after being in 13244 - I've got that same cabin booked in April of 2017. I'm hoping that the living room (above us) won't be bad compared to other public areas, and I"m excited about the overhang (I"m not a fan of too much sun).

FL

We were in 13240 last month (also under The Living Room). We only heard noise up there once or twice, sounded like running/thumping. It didn't last long! Our balcony did not have an overhang at all.