Ruby Alaska......latest we can stay on?

BaileyandBella

Are you doing walk off disembarkation and carrying off your bags yourself?

Not planning on it....... our flight isn't until 1:00.

So if we are arranging a Town Car, should we tell them to pick us up at 10:30? Everytime we have gotten off in Seattle, customs goes really fast!

I would suggest a pickup by 10:00 am. Seattle has been troublesome for us twice, now. Maybe bad luck. Maybe not. TSA lines have been very long both times and moved VERY slowly compared to any other airport we've traveled, and we travel a lot. It takes a out 25-30 min to get to the airport if there is no traffic. We've had pickups as early as 8:30 am on a Sunday and were to the airport within 25 mins though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not planning on it....... our flight isn't until 1:00.

So if we are arranging a Town Car, should we tell them to pick us up at 10:30? Everytime we have gotten off in Seattle, customs goes really fast!

You may be assigned an earlier time to disembark than you'd like. You can ask for a later time closer to when you want to leave but you may be denied. You could technically walk off the ship anytime before the in transit passenger time (even if you've been assigned an earlier time) but your bags may be sitting in the terminal by themselves for a while. I've seen workers get upset with folks who have arrived long after their luggage tag color had been called.

I'd go for a bit earlier than 10:30 for sure. There is another ship arriving the same day so there could be a bunch of passengers going through security at the Seattle airport within the same couple hours. And maybe more importantly, if the in transit passengers leave the ship before 10:30 (happens quite often) you'll have get off the ship earlier anyway. Might be better sitting and waiting at the airport than standing outside the terminal waiting for your transportation.

Edited by idahospud

Unless you have PreChek I would *really* try to be to the airport by 11 on cruise days for a 1:00 flight. I'm a local, I'm a frequent traveler, and I'm not a pessimist.

TSA here is understaffed so badly we can't open more than 21 of the 32 lanes and it's been seven kinds of awful even before high season. I would figure 40 minutes pier to airport. Working back, I think 10:30 is a drop-dead.

In 2008 we decided to stay on board as long as possible. We had a long wait to catch the Alaska Railroad train that evening at 7:30. There is not much activity in Whittier. About 9:30 a.m. ship security came over to us to see why we were still on board. We were highly encourage to depart then.

Unless you have PreChek I would *really* try to be to the airport by 11 on cruise days for a 1:00 flight. I'm a local, I'm a frequent traveler, and I'm not a pessimist.

TSA here is understaffed so badly we can't open more than 21 of the 32 lanes and it's been seven kinds of awful even before high season. I would figure 40 minutes pier to airport. Working back, I think 10:30 is a drop-dead.

I am local too of the Emerald City. This advice is straight on. They are trying to fix the TSA mess at the Sea-Tac. In the mean time two hours is advised.

Edited by nooptere

What is the latest time we can stay on for the last day? Trying to arrange our airport travel.

Thanks!

They, the ship, is going to want you off the ship before 10:00am because they cannot let ongoing embarking passengers (either turn-arounds or new passengers) on the ship until all departing passengers have left the ship and the ship is at "zero-count."

If you are arranging a town car then I would want them there earlier than any 10:30 for sure. One thing you do need to know is that at present, the viaduct through downtown Seattle is scheduled to be closed from tomorrow (29 April) for two weeks while Big Bertha, the tunnel boring machine is digging a new tunnel under the viaduct. So, while the viaduct will theoretically be open by the time you return on 15 May, I would not want to count on that in any way, shape, or form, so I would plan on plenty of time to get to SeaTac. It is much better to be at the airport 2 hours early than to arrive at the airport 5 minutes late. I would, therefore, suggest that you try and get an early disembarkation time of NLT 9 or so.

Tom