pre-paid gratuities

shof515

He has said it many. Many times, yet there are some here who refuse to believe it.

I may actually agree with Jimbo here. I don't think Carnival keeps any of the crews tips...it's how they pay their salary, or more to the point, how they don't pay their salary....you do :)

I do however disagree with the way they distribute it, and so I may try cash tips next time. (Always just leave the auto tips and tip extra) but after thinking about it, I think I would rather tip those who personally server me in cash.

OK gang, here it is ...

Carnival is a corporation headquartered within the US. As such, it is subject to scrutiny from the SEC and is subject to the Sarbanes/Oxley Act. The CEO must attest that all internal controls are in place and working effectively. What this means in terms of tipping is that there should be internal controls surrounding the collection and distribution of tips from and to the appropriate persons. They are required to test this via management testing, testing by internal and external auditors, and attest to the effectiveness of the controls at least annually to the SEC with their 10K filing.

I pre-pay my tips with confidence that my fellow internal auditors would uncover any fraud occurring with the funds (yes, funneling of funds from its intended destination IS fraud).

Edited by Schoifmom