Photo Trip Review - Reflection TA

Lisah101

Our three day train ticket that no one ever checked. The train was on the honor system - no gates, no turnstiles, no place to scan you ticket. Just your honor that you purchased the fare needed.

IMG_5592.jpg

We go back to the museum to the line in the middle this time.

Left line - car rentals

Middle line - factor tour

Right line - museum tour

We did all three lines in our 3 days here!

We are told to wear these stickers.

IMG_5593.jpg

Then we gathered at the desk indicated in the corner for our briefing. We were told we could either use a locker or hand over all cell phones and cameras to them and they would lock them up. But under no circumstances were ANY phones or cameras allowed inside. They were polite but firm in this policy so I have no photos of the factory. I couldn't even begin to describe how incredible it was without a few pages. The efficiency and automation were an exact science. The production line was never rushed but still worked with incredible German efficiency. There were only 10 or so of us in the tour and they kept a close eye on us every moment.

After the tour, we again went back to the hotel to rest - not used to being on our feet walking all day!

I think this may have been the night we just had coffee/hot chocolate and a pretzel for dinner. I really miss those pretzels.

IMG_0898.jpg

The next morning - our last full day in Germany....... we took the train back to the Porsche museum to collect our rental car!

The weather was fine so we were able to do our Porsche drive!

This nice man was going over the car with Terry. When you rent directly from them, they park the car on the front entrance of the museum. There were up to 4 cars parked each day and we now know why... those are rentals. This is our 911 Targa.

IMG_5604.jpg

They programmed the navigation system to a small town south of us that we thought would be interesting. Unfortunately the kid they sent out to do this sent us to an apartment up north instead. We figured it out after sitting there staring at someone's apartment for a few minutes. Then just went south and started to explore.

IMG_5608.jpg

We stopped somewhere - I have no idea where for a pretzel and hot chocolate - that turned out to be lunch.

It did stop snowing while we were eating - so back in the car and a few miles down the road..... no more snow and the clouds cleared up.

IMG_5630.jpg

We pretty much spent the day just driving around the countryside while I tried not to be a woos and get nervous over Terry driving fast around corners, snow, rain, etc. I am so not a risk taker when it comes to driving.

IMG_5643.jpg