Photo Trip Review - Reflection TA

Lisah101

After a few hours - we were tired and hungry so we decided to take a break and get some lunch before touring the rest of the museum.

There are 3 places to eat here; the coffee shop, the Boxenstopp; and Christophorus.

The coffee shop only had pastries and a few items and we needed to sit. Christophorus is fine dining that requires a reservation so that left us with Boxenstopp.

We went back down to the first floor and were seated for lunch.

IMG_5555.jpg

Well fed and rested, we went back to the museum to finish our tour - I'll spare you the hundreds of photos - here is the section toward the end on the more recent cars. Notice they are on revolving stands in the floor - so cool!

IMG_5564.jpg

A brief stroll through the gift shop on our way out but nothing really struck me - lots of trendy shirts, car models, some stickers but most of it was branded by specialty, not much just general Porsche stuff.

The Porsche dealer is just across the street of course.

IMG_5584.jpg

We took the train back to the hotel - rested up after SIX HOURS of touring the Porsche Museum (not counting the time we spent at lunch).

We asked for dinner recommendations - German food, not pricey and this is one of the places the tourist help center recommended. It was a good recommendation!

Iv'e rotated that picture several times but photo bucket seems bent on being difficult today - think I'm moving all my photos somewhere else in the future.

IMG_0893.jpg

Edited by Lisah101

I had the "Hausgemachte Kässpätzle im Pfännle". It was wonderful - Terry said it was like German macaroni and cheese - just made with spaetzel instead of elbow macaroni. they called them "Swabian noodles" in the English version.

IMG_0891.jpg

I asked for a local wine recommendation - they gave me this and it was also very good. I could have this every day!

Terry pointing at which wine I had so I wouldn't' forget later.

IMG_0892.jpg

The next day was our Porsche Factory Tour - I was so excited about this one! To see the place where they build the 911s!!

We took the train to the same place as yesterday - by now we were getting confident about navigating the underground city of the train station.

This is the stop where you get off the train for Porsche.

IMG_5590.jpg